Coronavirus lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coronavirus lockdown

hallmartin30
hallmartin30 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Who getting fed up with lockdown now? It starting to effect my mental health I go to a Daycentre and church to meet people now I cant do that it bothers me that some people with disabillities have cope all alone.?
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hallmartin30, how are you doing today? Agreed the lockdown is a pain in many ways for most of us, my suspicion is that it will be lifted very slowly to avoid another spike in cases of CV19, but it has to be said that staying at home has saved lives.
    Can you do stuff to keep active as possible?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hallmartin30 - There's some information that Scope have put together to help us all with our mental health. I hope it may help, & you can always chat here. :)

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi [Username removed by moderator]- I'm very sorry your pain is so bad at the moment. I hope it's OK, but I thought I'd send you some links, to see if something else may help a little to alleviate this. Also as well as Scope's link above, there's one about relaxation, which I used to teach as a physio, which possibly could help both physically & mentally. I appreciate just how difficult it must be for you at this time, so something that may help is worth a try hopefully.

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hallmartin30 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear that your mental health is suffering due to the lock-down.  You are not alone with this as a lot of people are feeling very low in mood just now and missing going to their normal social outings, seeing loved ones, etc.  You are amongst friends here and we are all here to support you on the forum so please chat to us anytime you are feeling down or lonely as a wee chat on here really does help a lot to boost your spirits.  Hopefully the lock-down will ease up at some point and life can return to some kind of normality where we can all return to doing the things we love and to seeing the people we enjoy being with.  Would there be any way you could keep in touch with your friends from your day centre or church?  Sometimes a phone call or communicating in some other way, even by social media if you are on it, can help us to feel connected to people.  

I hope you have found the great advice/links provided above by members to be helpful anyway and please do keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  If we can be of any help or support to you at all then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi [Username removed by moderator]  and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear you are in so much pain just now and that you aren't able to get to your medical appointments.  Hopefully, lock-down will ease at some point and you will get back to see your Chiropractor for some relief.  Pain is a terrible thing and many of our members go through this on a daily basis so will be able to relate to how you are feeling.  I can appreciate you not wishing to watch any hospital related programmes on TV anymore as this must be a painful experience for you.  

I hope you find the links/advice above given by @chiarieds to be helpful.  Please chat to us anytime as that is what we are here for and we all want to offer our support to you in any way we can.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and if we can be of any help at all to you then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear you are finding things difficult @hallmartin30, how are you doing today?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.