Backdated Pay, and Letter Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated Pay, and Letter Help

Options
stevenmcinn12
stevenmcinn12 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited May 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
 confused as i have been handing in sick notes since May 2019 last year consistently with no gaps the last one which was due to run out on june 2020  although when i first handed in my sick note in may 2019 i was sent a questionnaire UC50 but i was in and out off different accommodation and never actually got that UC50 form as it was lost somewhere and then time passed with still handing in sick notes with no gaps and i had not received  another UC50 until match 2020 after i requested in my journal now i have been put in the LCWRA  as of april 2020 so was wondering if i would be backdated  or not and if i now get extra money on my UC  as it only says may get extra money in the letter 

Comments

• stevenmcinn12
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @stevenmcinn12 and welcome to the community. 

As you've been placed in the LCWRA group, this entitles you to the extra LCWRA element. It's currently £336.20 but is increasingly slightly soon.

If you know the dates of your assessment periods and the exact date you first handed in a fit note to UC, I can help you calculate whether you should be entitled to any backpay. 

I hope that helps.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • stevenmcinn12
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello thanks for replying, and handed my first fit note in on the 17th of may 2019, and my assessment period according to the payment section online is the 18th to the 17th. of each month my payment date is the 24th of the month 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @stevenmcinn12. As long as there haven't been any gaps in the fit notes you've provided, you should have it backdated to 3 full assessment periods after you first declared a fit note.

So 18th April - 17th May: Doesn't count
    18th May - 17th June: 1 month
    18th June - 17th July: 2 month
    18th July - 17th August: 3 month
    18th August - 17th September: 1 month payable, payment due 24th September

So you should be owed September, October, November, December, January, February, March and April. At £336.20 a month.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • stevenmcinn12
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There were no gaps although i was late in handing some in after they expired they were all backdated from GP so no gaps were left thanks for your replies. not sure how long it will take them to tell me about backdated pay but thankyou also a presume the LCWRA element will be added to my pay this month and then continue on for however long i have LCWRA
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @stevenmcinn12. It might be worth you mentioning to them on your journal about your backpay. Another member did recently and they sorted it out very quickly for them. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • stevenmcinn12
    Options
  • stevenmcinn12
    Options
    Thanks have put a note in my journal just dont want them thinking im being desparate but I have waited long enough so no harm in asking when im pretty sure im entitled to it  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @stevenmcinn12. There's definitely no harm in asking for money you're entitled to. I hope they reply quickly for you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • stevenmcinn12
    Options
    No one has replied yet at all does this often happen? 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Sadly even before the current pandemic it could take a few days for them to reply to journal entries. If they’ve not replied by tomorrow could you try giving them a call @stevenmcinn12?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.