carer change again — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carer change again

Options
pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
I`ve had to dismiss my care agency...there was quite a lot of trouble last week.
Carers had been to a household with covid and  refused to go again....afraid of bringing it to me and other clients.

2 of the staff resigned.........I have engaged another.

It was very worrying and upsetting too. Now both my carers only have me as their client.
This covid has a lot to answer for!

Pollsx

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m sorry to read that. I work for a childcare provider and we have had similar issues. Some of our regular families have cancelled booked jobs at the last minute. I pray that this lockdown will be over soon. Can you talk to the manager of the company or not? Try explaining your concerns as clearly as possible. I hope that you can resolve things quickly too. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear of this @pollyanna1052.  The change of carers must have been really upsetting and worrying for you.  I hope that things settle down for you now and you are keeping safe and well.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pollyanna1052, I imagine this has been a really worry for you. How are things going?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry Chloe...only just seen your message.

I am really happy with Becky as my carer. She was with the agency I sacked, but had resigned.

She is a lovely person. She is going to uni in September...so I`ll need to find a replacement before then.

Difficult times to be advertising/interviewing.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,267 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pollyanna1052. So glad your happy with your carer, hope you get someone just as nice when you need to get a new one, enjoy rest of your day?
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @pollyanna1052, glad your happy with the carer, can't be fun going through a time of training another person to how you like things, good luck on finding a replacement

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.