Hi, my name is Mothermary! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mothermary!

Mothermary
Mothermary Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi everyone.im new to all this.but I'm looking for and willing to help where I can.at the moment I've a question I'd like help with if possible...

Comments

• Mothermary
    I'm disabled and sleep in my car.i have a carer.who is looking to get a 2 bedroomed flat.with the intentions of renting me a room.how do I go about this.or who would be best to help me.???
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mothermary - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about your situation, & hope perhaps one of the following may be helpful.
    - Contact your local council, who should help.
    - You could also try the Salvation Army: https://www.salvationarmy.org/ who help people regardless of their faith, if they have one.
    - There's also Shelter: https://www.shelter.org.uk/
    - Some housing associations offer sheltered accommodation, & ongoing support. Some will also let you rent out part of the property, e.g see this one: https://www.homegroup.org.uk/  It may all depend what's available near you.
    I hope you get things resolved quickly, & kindly let us know how you get on.

• Mothermary
    Thankyou for your reply..I'm happy with the situation I'm in.i wouldnt just want to go anywhere.its just that my carer said they'd have me..I just wanted to know.if that was possible.?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    People do share a home & split the rent, so long as the landlord has no objection. Something you'd have to find out first. It all might be difficult at the moment due to Covid-19, as you shouldn't be with someone who is not of your household. Perhaps use the time to look into the pros & cons for when lockdown gets lifted. :)
  • Mothermary
    Yes.thats what I'm doing..at the moment I'm under the same roof due to what's going on..that's how the idea started..thanks.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mothermary and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear about your present situation and hope you find permanent accommodation soon.  I see that @chiareds has provided you with very good information and advice and I hope you will be able to look into the links at some point.  Meantime, I wish you well with everything and please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  If we can be of any help/support at all then please just say.  Please stay safe and well.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Mothermary, this must be especially difficult during this time. Just wanted to check in to see how you were doing.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.