Can you help me with my assignment about inclusion and belonging in an online community? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you help me with my assignment about inclusion and belonging in an online community?

figspowart
figspowart Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi, my name is Selina Spowart and I am a student at Deakin University, Australia. As part of a my class assignment, I am observing the parents and carers community on Scope to try to make sense of my research question about belonging, and the ways in which this specific online community might provide a strong sense in inclusion/belongingness. If you would not like your posts on this forum included in my assignment please let me know and I won’t use them. If you have any questions please get in touch. I won't be using names in my assignment, which is not for publication, so contributions would be anonymous.
As a parent of 2 children living with disabilities, and having experienced a sense of exclusion in other communities (on and offline), I'm really interested to hear your thoughts!
Thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited September 2021
    Hi @figspowart and welcome to the community. Would you be able to email me to discuss this please?

I'd prefer our members need to opt in for their anonymous responses to be used in your study, rather than relying on them seeing this post in order to opt out.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.