Hi, my name is Bailey123! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bailey123!

Bailey123
Bailey123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I've just signed up to to the Scope community, & would like to introduce myself. I am Gina, & I am mother to Karris May, my 11 year old daughter who has a dual diagnosis of Down Syndrome & Autism. Hope everyone is doing ok? My daughter & i are currently sheilding due to other medical conditions during the coronovirus pandemic, & its pretty tough. Would love to share stories if anyone is up for a chat  :) Gina & Karris x

Comments

• philip500
    philip500 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    morning how are you today
  • Bailey123
    Hi, not too bad. How are you?
  • philip500
    i am ok, but just do not like being alone, I have not talked or been out for 7 weeks
  • philip500
    would you like my telephone number, it would be nice to talk
  • Bailey123
    I know the feeling. Such a strange situation. I'm not sure it will change anytime soon ither. Got to stay positive though  :)
  • philip500
    you look very nice
  • philip500
    edited May 2020
    can we talk later please, i must tidy up....my number is

[removed by moderator]
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bailey123 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining, Gina. I haven't been anywhere for 8-9 weeks, but rarely get out anywhere. Sometimes I feel it's just the thought I can't go anywhere if I wanted, that conversely makes me want to go out! Thankfully due to the lovely weather we're still getting, I've been able to get out in my garden & greenhouse, which has helped such a lot. That, & my son & daughter-in-law live close by, so at least I get to see them, stood well back in the garden. :)
    @philip500 - Sorry but personal information (phone number & email address) is not allowed in this forum, so will likely be removed.
  • Bailey123
    The weather is a real blessing, it's beautiful.  Lots to get on with in the garden, & family have really helped us too. Couldnt get an online shop for 3 weeks at first, but all sorted now thankfully.  :)
  • philip500
    IT IS SO WARM THIS AFTERNOON, ARE YOU KEEPING OK
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Bailey123 and welcome to the community. I've two daughters of similar ages (12 and 10) and a 1 year old son and have definitely found the past few months tough. 
    How has your weekend been? 
    I look forward to seeing you around the community and reading some of your stories.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bailey123
    Hi, Adrian, good to hear from you. Its certainly a strain on your emotional wellbeing. I remain positive, & I have seen & reflected on so much more than I had time to do before. Getting the garden straight too. It's a big garden, & a lot of work. My daughter isnt interested in helping, & she is a full time job herself! But I do what I can. You sound busy? I think kids are a gift at keeping you positive & cheerful though, they say such funny things, & have a lovely way of looking at things, even in bad times. The latest government advice is very much aimed at some, but not all. It's a little disappointing, but I guess we just have to get on with it. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bailey123 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  I enjoyed reading your interesting introduction about you and your daughter so thanks for sharing with us.  Glad to hear you enjoy your garden.  It is great to get out in the lovely warm weather as it really boosts our spirits!  What does your daughter like doing with you?  I hope you are keeping well during these difficult times.  It is tough, but we will get there.  I too enjoy going out into my garden and find doing a bit of gardening to be soothing in a way!

You will always find a good chat on here as such lovely and friendly people on the forum so I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you around.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Bailey123
  • Bailey123
    Hi thank you for your kind welcome. My daughter loves music & dancing, & we do a little work out together, each day. She loves her iPads too, which have been a god send! She loves being with me, wherever we go. Shes a typical mommy's girl! ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Bailey123, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.