Lived experince of young people having a differently abled sibling — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lived experince of young people having a differently abled sibling

dev26
dev26 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hello 
I am devyani , currently a student at the University of Northampton studying Msc in child and adolescent mental health. As a part of my dissertation i am researching the siblings of individuals who are differently ables. Its a 30-45 min interview online in english .I will add the leaflet which has the criterias mentioned. Please feel free to reach out , as i am an international student i dont know many people here in the UK and due to the global pandemic i am struggling with my research. I am very passionate thus i didnt change my project. 
I am sure this community can help me out :)

I have mentioned the email id where you can send in your questions or doubts. Throughout research not a lot of emphasis has been given to the sibling and i would love to hear their journey as well. 

thankyou for this oppurtunity 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @dev26, would you be able to provide the content of these flyers in text format so that our members who use screen-readers might be able to access the information?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dev26
    dev26 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Sure 
    So the criteria which is required for the study are as follows 
    1. Age 16-24 years 
    2. Have one hour to spare for an online interview 
    3. Participant should not be diagnosed with any disability themselves 
    4. Fluent in English 
    5. Have a smartphone to take a picture . 

For the research if you are interested to take part and help me in my journey then please email at d.research2020@gmail.com . I will provide all the detailed documents and consent form . 

If you agree then you have to take a picture of "what disability means/looks like to you " after you send it I will give you a few questions and conduct an online interview . It's a 30-45 min interview only. I can also speak to you privately and help you understand the study as well.

Hope this helps :) 

Thankyou so much for this opportunity.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.