Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Does this coffee lounge do decaf?

MADDOG666MADDOG666 Member Posts: 9 Connected
Only, my BP is already high, or is that just me?😏

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 652 Pioneering
    Can drink what you want here I'm currently drinking a Daiquiri  :D
  • MADDOG666MADDOG666 Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Cool, mines an exciting instant decaf lolz 😎
    Does decaf coffee taste different to regular coffee? I've never tried it!
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 657 Pioneering
    66Mustang said:
    I've tried it and don't like it. prefer my caffeine.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 2,266 Disability Gamechanger
    What do you think, @MADDOG666 - I tried decaf years ago, & tho it tasted the same, gave me a headache......worked out it was caffeine withdrawal, & I only drank 2-3 mugs a day....still do.
    I've got low BP, so I've joined 66Mustang; only mine's a Pernod. This coffee lounge is quite versatile, isn't it?
    I used to get Rington's Dark Italian Roast, but since they've stopped coming around, I'm struggling to find some decent instant coffee from Tesco. Any recommendations? :)
    This is probably sacrilege to some but I invested in a coffee machine about a year ago and really like it. I would say it is not quite as nice as coffee from a cafetière but it is much more convenient and still very drinkable.

You can pick one up these days for around £30 or I have even seen some that are free if you buy a certain amount of capsules to go with it. I believe they make a loss on the machines and make their money from selling the coffee capsules. My machine is Tassimo - a pack of 16 Americanos costs £3.50 when they are on offer. It's more expensive to buy more complicated coffees like lattes as you only get 8 cups for the same £3.50, as you need to use 2 capsules - a coffee one and a milk one. For that reason I just stick to the Americano :)
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 604 Pioneering
    I have got a coffee machine. I have had it a couple of years and don't used it as much as I used to but I do like an americano. I use costa pods there coffee is really strong. I can't cope with coffee that tastes like dish water!
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 2,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the input...Seems like a coffee machine & Americano may be the way to go. Never had a coffee machine; might have to try. I've had a couple of disgusting, supposedly strong coffees from Tesco...eugh!
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,326 Scope community team
    Decaf is very welcome @MADDOG666

We have a broad range of coffee, tea, fruit tea, soft drinks, whatever takes your fancy!

Oh and we have biscuits, with posh chocolate ones on Friday.  :D   
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,876 Member - under moderation
    edited May 14
    I’m now happily sat on the couch with a nice cup of bubbly to drink. What did you do today? Today I helped both of the twins wash all their sheets this morning instead of doing any lessons and then after lunch we did some art and I then baked a cake. I also emailed someone at lunchtime regarding a existing DLA claim for the baby as well. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,383 Scope community team
    66Mustang said:
    Me neither. I kinda rely on coffee to keep me up with our little one's 'sleeping' habits. I'm not sure decaf would have the desired effect.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    Anyone got biscuits they want to share?

I have a few bourbons going if you fancy! 
    Community Partner
    Scope
    I came across this yesterday while browsing Amazon.

Quite expensive but they look kind of worth it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZJKLVJ9
  • AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,160 Disability Gamechanger
    OMG, those biscuits look amazing!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,383 Scope community team
    edited May 18
    After seeing the mess my toddler made with a regular-sized bourbon biscuit over the weekend, I think we'd have to redecorate if he got hold of one of those giant versions @66Mustang! :D 
    Though, it's my biscuit-obsessed tweenager's birthday soon so I might order a box as a treat.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,876 Member - under moderation
    I love a chocolate mug cake! My birthday is in less than six months. Currently the plan is to visit another escape room and then go out for dinner somewhere. 
    I have just had a piece of chocolate cake my mom made for me. She also made me a coffee cake (I finished that one yesterday). My mom makes lovely cakes!
  • AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,160 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you enjoyed your cakes. @deb74!  They sound yummy!  Nothing better than a nice bit of cake and a cuppa!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
    @Ails. You are right about that!
    66Mustang said:
    I came across this yesterday while browsing Amazon.

Quite expensive but they look kind of worth it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZJKLVJ9
    These biscuits look amazing @66Mustang!
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.