Hi, my name is john_hunter! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is john_hunter!

Options
john_hunter
john_hunter Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi so I’m the guy with cerebral palsy (asymmetric diaplegic spasticity) and it’s mild but I just wanna say that although there are different severities of cerebral palsy we’re all in the same boat and if u put ur head to it u can do pretty much anything and people in ur life that care about u will support u and just know that things will get difficult it will get dark but hope always wins in the end 

Live long and prosper

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @john_hunter - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. Please have a look around the forum & join in with discussions of interest or where you may be able to help. A positive attitude helps with everything, & you will find people friendly & supportive, so I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this great community. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,940 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's good to have you here @john_hunter. Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing such a positive message. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @john_hunter, welcome to the community!

I have mild CP affecting my legs and left side. You might find the Cerebral Palsy discussions particularly interesting. Or you can have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members.
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @john_hunter and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  Your words are totally inspiring and encouraging and I enjoyed reading them.  Certainly having determination and spirit keeps us going!  

I hope you enjoy your time with us on the Community and I'm sure you will make a positive contribution to it.  I look forward to seeing you around anyway.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @john_hunter Welcome to the community, your positive outlook and message are an inspiration to others and show how with the right attitude we can try and overcome our challenges 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.