Shortness of breath and ribcage pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shortness of breath and ribcage pain

loumeh
loumeh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’ve been experiencing some difficult symptoms, and doctors haven’t been able to diagnose me with a condition yet. I was hoping to reach out to see if anyone has the same issues. 

I get shortness of breath and pain in my ribs. It gets worse with cold weather or when I get angry. Breathing in general is laboured- every 5 breaths or so, I involuntary gasp/snort. The breathing gasping/snorting is nearly always but the shortness of breath and pain comes in episodes.

The doctors have taken ECG’s (normal), blood pressure (normal), oxygen levels (normal). I’ve done a blood test which came back normal. I’ve also had a test for asthma and the results indicated that I don’t have asthma, the blue inhaler doesn’t relieve my symptoms either. I’ve had a scan of my chest and lungs and there were no abnormalities. 

It’s difficult as I know there is a physical problem, I don’t think it’s anxiety or a panic attack as episodes can start when I am in a stress free situation- eg. In bed playing video games.

Anyone have similar situation or any idea what this may be? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @loumem, and a very warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing this and that you haven't had any answers. Unfortunately we are not able to give medical advice as none of us are professionals.

However, I hope you find the community a friendly place to connect with others. If you have any questions then please do let me know. :) 
    Scope

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Any update OP? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.