Anxiety attacks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety attacks

Starfly12
Starfly12 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Does anyone get anxiety attacks and what is the worse issue you get 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Starfly12 and welcome to the Community again.  Thanks for posting.  I'm sure there are some members on the forum who suffer from anxiety attacks and they may be able to share their experiences with you.  I don't have any knowledge of anxiety attacks myself so unsure how to answer your question, but can only imagine that they aren't too nice when having them.  Is this something you suffer from yourself?  I had a wee look online and have found this organisation who may be able to offer you some information on anxiety attacks if you would like to have a look -

https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/

Please feel free to chat to us anytime should you need us as we are always here to support and help.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @Starfly12

A very warm welcome.

I can share some of my own experience of anxiety, though I am not medically qualified.

I have suffered for over ten years, it is a difficult condition to come to terms with.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel, which involves you, taking on the issue.

I kept a detailed dairy, which highlighted situations that exasperated my anxiety, which enabled me to avoid such situations.

You will also find solace, if you can discuss your situation with your family or close friends.

The main points I would make, you are not alone and do not suffer in silence.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Stay kind and stay safe.

Best wishes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Starfly12 and welcome to the community. There'll be many people who endure frequent anxiety attacks, so I hope some will reach out to you. :smile: In the meantime, please don't be shy about getting involved in some of the discussions in our coffee lounge.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    There are many methods which can be used to help combat anxiety, one of them is grounding. I use an essential oil to sniff sometimes, it’s strong and pleasant and tends to bring me back from my imaginings. Breathing techniques are also useful but you should find info on these and more on the anxiety website mentioned by @Ails .

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.