Autism and Aspergers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Finding it hard

AwesomeAutisticLadx3AwesomeAutisticLadx3 Member Posts: 9 Connected
edited May 19 in Autism and Aspergers
heyy, I have Autism, Aspergers, ADHD, Tourette’s, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Mild LD, Irlen Syndrome, Social anxiety / general anxiety-disorders, ptsd ...I know it’s a lot.... I’m feeling very lonely and upset at the moment because of the lockdown...I’m finding it really hard I don’t know what to do.
Embrace positivity, and be you.
Tagged:

Replies

• AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AwesomeAutisticLadx3 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear that you are feeling very lonely and upset at the moment.  Lock-down is a really challenging time for all of us just now so we all understand where you are coming from and on the Community we all support each other with this.  Do you keep in touch with family/friends by phone, video-calling or social media?  I know that I am finding it hard not seeing my parents and friends, but I try to talk to them most days using one of these and it does help me knowing I am still speaking to them.  Are there any hobbies or interests you could do from home?  I find that going out into my garden helps me somewhat and I have a couple of other hobbies I enjoyi doing too.  Also being on here and chatting to people helps a lot and can while away a wee hour or two.  There are lots of lovely, friendly people on here so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  Also Scope has put together some information on mental well-being during the Coronavirus period which you may wish to look at and I hope you find it helpful -

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/mental-health-and-coronavirus/

Please remember that we are all here to support you on the Community and if we can be of any help at all then you only just have to ask.  Please stay safe and well.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • AwesomeAutisticLadx3AwesomeAutisticLadx3 Member Posts: 9 Connected
    thank you for your reply it’s hard when my friends don’t contact me as it is but only want me if it’s for them  :'( I live in supported house at the moment and what would be my usual triggers there my meltdowns have been a bit more often and it’s really hard to get the motivation to take myself serious let alone the courage to communicate my issues even more so when I’m never listened to at home
  • AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome, @AwesomeAutisticLadx3 and I'm very sorry to hear that your friends don't contact you very often and you don't feel listened to at home.  That is very sad to hear.  Do you have any support workers you could speak to about the way you are feeling?  I hope you don't mind but I looked online and have found the National Autistic Society's website who maybe able to support you and give you some advice if you would like to have a look -

https://www.autism.org.uk/

Also we are here for you anytime to support you so please make use of us.  I hope you are feeling better about things soon and please let us know how you are getting on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 3,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AwesomeAutisticLadx3 - Welcome to this friendly community from me too. I'm pleased you've joined, as it helps us all to chat here a little to lessen that feeling of isolation. I hope the links Ails has given may help as it's a difficult time for everyone just now, & must be especially hard for you when you don't feel listened to.
    You might enjoy having a look in our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' There's a link to this at the top of the page. We chat about all sorts there, & there are some posts about different things people are finding to do to keep themselves occupied whilst stuck at home. Perhaps you may find something that you'd like to do, if you haven't already.
    I hope to see you around the forum, & please do come here & chat any time. :)
  • emmarenshawemmarenshaw Community champion Posts: 655 Pioneering
    Hello @AwesomeAutisticLadx3 I’m so sorry to hear your feeling this way. Know that we’re all here for you if you need any support.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,493 Scope community team
    Hi @AwesomeAutisticLadx3. I just wanted to welcome you to the community. How are you feeling today?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Hi @AwesomeAutisticLadx3. I just wanted to welcome you to the community. How are you feeling today?
    Heyy sorry for the late reply had a few rough days with anxiety and meltdowns I’m okay this morning not long woke up and hearing the birds chirping is beautiful as mornings get :) 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,182 Scope community team
    Sorry you have had a few tough days @AwesomeAutisticLadx3. It sounds like the change is having a big impact.

I hope today is going okay. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    That's always a good way to wake up @AwesomeAutisticLadx3.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 3,419 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, sorry you are finding things hard at the moment we are here to support you, and there are many other members on here with the same conditions as you looking to make new friends so I hope you enjoy being on the community 

Thanks everyone for their positive replies it really means the world...sometimes I forget to login here to check in 😀
    Have you found much to keep you entertained while in lockdown @AwesomeAutisticLadx3?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

• fairybellsxofairybellsxo Member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Hello! I hope your okay :) this must be really tricky for you and I speak from a place of knowing as I was diagnosed with Asperger's in January, then a couple of months after all of this cropped up! and I have been feeling the exact same things as you, lonely and worried and just a little bit alone! I have good and bad days but on the bad days I end up thinking myself into a bit of a mess and get upset and loose my appetite!

I know how hard it is to reach out as it doesn't feel ' natural ' to at the best of times does it! :P your kind of waiting for them to get in touch with YOU directly.

I have found going for walks is helping me alot with my headphones in! OR I pop on one of my favorite shows on Netflix, there is actually a series on there at the moment called ' A typical ' and it's about a boy with autism living his life, I found it to be hilarious ( as it was relatable ) beautiful and completely insightful! you might enjoy it.

It's nice to hear nature perked you up a little, it always helps me too! I love being in and around nature, if your creative perhaps you could turn your feelings into a poem?:) I found this helped me too!

Hope your feeling much better, your not alone :) 

All the best!
    Have you found much to keep you entertained while in lockdown @AwesomeAutisticLadx3?
    I’ve taken to reading 😃😃
    Hello! I hope your okay :) this must be really tricky for you and I speak from a place of knowing as I was diagnosed with Asperger's in January, then a couple of months after all of this cropped up! and I have been feeling the exact same things as you, lonely and worried and just a little bit alone! I have good and bad days but on the bad days I end up thinking myself into a bit of a mess and get upset and loose my appetite!

I know how hard it is to reach out as it doesn't feel ' natural ' to at the best of times does it! :P your kind of waiting for them to get in touch with YOU directly.

I have found going for walks is helping me alot with my headphones in! OR I pop on one of my favorite shows on Netflix, there is actually a series on there at the moment called ' A typical ' and it's about a boy with autism living his life, I found it to be hilarious ( as it was relatable ) beautiful and completely insightful! you might enjoy it.

It's nice to hear nature perked you up a little, it always helps me too! I love being in and around nature, if your creative perhaps you could turn your feelings into a poem?:) I found this helped me too!

Hope your feeling much better, your not alone :) 

All the best!
    I seen the first couple episodes of Atypical I literally cried emotionally because I really felt the emotions. Thank you for your nice reply 😉
    I seen the first couple episodes of Atypical I literally cried emotionally because I really felt the emotions. Thank you for your nice reply 😉
    Ah! It had the same effect on me initially so I had to switch it off :) but once I was in a much better mood I loved watching it as I could to relate to it alot! I think it helps understanding emotions when you can see them from another person's perspective, which is similar to yours?

I hope your feeling much better now :) 
    I’ve taken to reading 😃😃
    Any good book recommendations? If you have any you want to recommend, feel free to mention them in our share your favourite books thread.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

@AwesomeAutisticLadx3

What kind of books are you interested in at the moment?! I love a good book recommendation, I LOVE to read :) When I was a child I really enjoyed history/factual books or books that had a strong animal lead :))) but now and then I enjoy fantasy! ( stuff that isn't real ) 

Terry Pratchet is one of my favorite authors :) I love his discworld! It's magical.
    I have no idea why I chose to state the obvious, about fantasy... but it's made me laugh reading back HAHA
    Our family loves Atypical! My brother has Aspergers so it was sooo relatable!  <3  
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    edited June 9
    @Chloe_Scope

I binged watched it in no time at all! it's wonderful isn't it! I love the relationship between him and his sister too, she lets him ' be '. I have strangely from a YOUNG age always had a fascination for people with autism but I appreciate now its just my brain making sense of something that makes PERFECT sense to me ;p I am considering which route/path to take as I want to go down a career path surrounding this subject due to my fascination, it's become a special interest of mine.

One of my favorite childhood books was about a child ' savant ' who could count before any children her age and I found the idea of that concept very fascinating! I think I was around 5 when I found this book in the school library! 

I don't have any special ' savant ' skills :p but I love witnessing those that do!

Hope your well and sorry for going slightly of topic! 

@Chloe_Scope

I binged watched it in no time at all! it's wonderful isn't it! I love the relationship between him and his sister too, she lets him ' be '. I have strangely from a YOUNG age always had a fascination for people with autism but I appreciate now its just my brain making sense of something that makes PERFECT sense to me ;p I am considering which route/path to take as I want to go down a career path surrounding this subject due to my fascination, it's become a special interest of mine.

One of my favorite childhood books was about a child ' savant ' who could count before any children her age and I found the idea of that concept very fascinating! I think I was around 5 when I found this book in the school library! 

I don't have any special ' savant ' skills :p but I love witnessing those that do!

Hope your well and sorry for going slightly of topic! 

My favourite book is The Curious incident of the dog in the night-time .... I had to study it for my SATS .. I got a very high mark for the essay :) 
    @AwesomeAutisticLadx3

What kind of books are you interested in at the moment?! I love a good book recommendation, I LOVE to read :) When I was a child I really enjoyed history/factual books or books that had a strong animal lead :))) but now and then I enjoy fantasy! ( stuff that isn't real ) 

Terry Pratchet is one of my favorite authors :) I love his discworld! It's magical.
    I’ll be sure to look up Terry Pratchet ;) 
    Hello!

I have also read that book and I loved every single second of it, :) it was brilliant. Im really into harry potter at the moment and am loving getting lost in magic world! I hope you enjoy Terry Pratchet :D 
    I love that book @AwesomeAutisticLadx3! Have you ever seen the play? I'd love to see it live.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
Sign in or join us to comment.