What happens to the fifth week pay of the 5 week wait ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens to the fifth week pay of the 5 week wait ?

Options
davidsmith
davidsmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi

As the title states, when waiting the 5 weeks for the 4 weeks first payment of Universal Credit, what happens to the fifth weeks pay ?

Many thanks for any help

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @davidsmith

From the date you apply, the wait period is 1 calendar month and 7 days. The calendar month is your assessment period, and the 7 days is for them to process your claim and issue your payment. 

If, for example, you applied 1st May, you would receive your money on 7th June. The money you receive is money you are owed for 1st May - 31st May. 
    On the 7th July, you would then receive the money you are owed for 1st June - 30th June and so on.

I hope that explains things, but if not, let me know!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • davidsmith
    davidsmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Adrian, just assumed they'd pay for the 7 days as well but seems as if they dont as my payment that I received doesn't reflect this or my next payment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.