Hi, my name is NanHamilton! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is NanHamilton!

Options
NanHamilton
NanHamilton Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I stayed in Shetland from 1983 to 1992 and found i always wanted to come back so here i am living in 2 lingq ,, weathersta, brae.
beautiful place to live, a bit remote but not to bad, My husbandis happy here to , we also have a good neighbour so thats good to.

My grandson has ADHD ad Asberg together but he is no 28. Also i have a granddaugter who is 30 and a great grandson Xander who is 8 9 in August. Anyone wanting to chat would be fine with me .  Iworked in he sensory i camelo falkirk, where we lived before, and aso worked in montfield for 9 years with the elderly , if i was fit i would still be doing  but at 70 i am slowing down.  Thanks for letting me join.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanHamilton and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  I hope you had a nice weekend.  It's nice to meet a fellow Scot and thank you for joining us.  I enjoyed reading your interesting introduction.  Shetland is a beautiful part of the world.  I have a friend who lives in Bressay and have always meant to go up there to visit.  I can only imagine that it must be a great way of life up there!  Interesting to hear that you worked in the field of sensory before.  Did you enjoy that work?  I know Camelon, Falkirk very well as I used to do voluntary work there befriending young people while I was at uni in Stirling.  Great to hear you have kept so busy all through your life and nice to hear about your family also.

You will find the Community a great place to be full of lovely, friendly people who all love a chat!  I have met some very good friends on here since joining nearly 2 years ago now.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting.  We have a virtual Coffee Lounge where we chat about different subjects such as our pets, hobbies, books, movies, etc and this is often a good place to start to chat to people and get to know them.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum anyway and find it a useful place to be.  I look forward to seeing you around here.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanHamilton - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Thank you for sharing your interesting post. Whereabouts did you live in Shetland? I applied for a job in Lerwick, & mis-dialed one time, & ended up talking to a lovely farmer for 30 mins saying I must come & live on Shetland!
    Anyway, I didn't get the job, as they had to advertise, but already had someone for the post. However they rang me several months later offering me a job, but by then I was expecting our first child so couldn't then go.
    It's good to read you're both happy back on the mainland, & have a good neighbour. Do your family live nearby?
    As Ails says, I hope you enjoy being part of the community, & I look forward to hearing from you again. :)
  • NanHamilton
    Options
    Thank you, I stayed in Gulberwick, 3 miles outsie lerwikc. top of the hill great setting. I myself am disabled in  FEW  wys, but none life threatened.  Maybe you will come to Shetland eventually. x

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanHamilton - I sometimes wonder why we go abroad, as there are so many beautiful & interesting places in the UK. I hope one day I will at least visit Shetland. My daughter is a travel agent so should be able to find out for me.
    Thank you for your kind reply. I have a genetic disorder which has caused arthritis in many joints; difficult to live with, but I'm coping. I hope you & your husband are keeping well. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @NanHamilton nice to see you have joined us. Sounds like a lovely place you live and I can only imagine the joy your grandchildren bring to your life.

Look forward to seeing you on here
  • NanHamilton
    Options
    Thank you .I am a bit tired today but tom will be better. trying to do the garden .How are you. well i hope.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @NanHamilton
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Lovely to have you here @NanHamilton. Shetland looks stunning. It's always been on the list of places I want to most visit alongside Peru and Japan, but it seems a touch more doable than the others. Maybe when all this is over!

Give us a shout if you need any help finding your way around the community and I hope to see you about soon.
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.