still waiting for dwp assessor to say yes/no to my application — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

still waiting for dwp assessor to say yes/no to my application

katho31
katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi, gogglebox star has had good news from dwp regarding pip claim. i am now entering the 12th week of waiting since applying  for pip in early feb 2020. i have no income at all, not eligible for universal credit etc...i am a good listener online but am getting really fed up at being lost/forgotten by the dwp. never in my life did i imagine i would have to ask for a food parcel, for many years i helped the homeless/elderly on a voluntary basis with paperwork and social security benefit help. ive nearly used up my planned funeral money should anything ever happen, i cannot believe i cannot get any help whatsoever!!! utterly humiliating situation :(

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @katho31, I'm really sorry you're in this difficult situation. 
    Can I ask if you've got any income at all? Do you claim ESA? And do you know the reason you're not eligible for Universal Credit etc? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katho31
    hi, ive sent you a post but it may have gone onto another chat site, i get no income whatsoever, not eligible for esa or uc, my husband works part time and is 8 weeks into recovery from prostrate cancer so will only return to work 1 june. we dont have children, pay full council tax and are baffled as to why i cannot claim anything??
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Ok as for your PIP decision have you phoned the DWP and asked them for a copy of the assessors report (PA4)which will give you a good idea of what/if any award you will get? It sounds to me like you should be claiming UC, have you tried one of the benefit checking websites? "turn2us" or "entitled2" are both pretty good if filled in correctly
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk
    https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• katho31
    thank you, I will try both websites now. the lady at dwp was a little abrupt when I rang up last week and when I asked had a decision been made she said it is with the assessor
  • katho31
    been on the entitled.co.uk benefit checking website, its taken myself and husband an hour and when we got to the end we couldn't get a linking code, only a code for myself, not my husband. im so tired and in pain and know im deserving of personal independence payment, its making me ill and angry. going to have to ask my mps case worker to bring me a food parcel tomorrow, had enough:(
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@katho31  So sorry to hear what you are going through, I wish you the best of luck and hope things get sorted soon, keep your chin up ?
  • katho31
    thank you lou67 for your kind words :)
  • Lou67
    Hi Katho31 Your welcome, when we’r going through this stuff it is so tough, but can only hope things will change for the better. 
  • Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    It's disgusting you should have to wait 12 weeks hope you get sorted soon
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    katho31 said:
    hi, ive sent you a post but it may have gone onto another chat site, i get no income whatsoever, not eligible for esa or uc, my husband works part time and is 8 weeks into recovery from prostrate cancer so will only return to work 1 june. we dont have children, pay full council tax and are baffled as to why i cannot claim anything??
    Hello @katho31. With no income at all I'm surprised you've not been entitled to anything at all. Is your husband receiving sick pay? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tomtom111
    Tomtom111 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Can anyone help me I am having a telephone assessment for my renewal of PIP, I suffer with Bi polar and am a recovering alchoholic due to not coping with the Bi polar, I am the same as last time I filled the form out but now I am so ill and anxious regarding this, can anyone help me in what will happen on this call.
  • woodbine
    katho31 said:
    thank you, I will try both websites now. the lady at dwp was a little abrupt when I rang up last week and when I asked had a decision been made she said it is with the assessor
    You are entitled to a copy of the assessors report, phone back on Tuesday and ask again,(phone as early as you can to get through quicker.

• woodbine
    Tomtom111 said:
    Can anyone help me I am having a telephone assessment for my renewal of PIP, I suffer with Bi polar and am a recovering alchoholic due to not coping with the Bi polar, I am the same as last time I filled the form out but now I am so ill and anxious regarding this, can anyone help me in what will happen on this call.
    Hi if you kept a copy of the renewal form have that with you, also make notes before hand of points you want to get across, the assessment will be similar to a face 2 face but on the phone, after each question think before answering. Good luck.

• Lou67
    Hi@Katho31 Just wondering how your doing hope youv got some answers. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.