Hi, my name is salk64! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is salk64!

salk64
salk64 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hiya to everyone how are you doing. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @salk64 I'm not too bad thank you, how are you? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @salk64!!
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @salk64 , always nice to see new members around. Have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions 
  • salk64
    Hi thanks for your reply I’m ok thank you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Afternoon @salk64. How are you keeping busy at the moment?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • salk64
    Hiya I’m making cards really enjoying it. Made lots and I’m crocheting 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    You sound quite creative @salk64. If you have anything you'd like to share with us, why not take a look at our KaleidoScope thread?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @salk64 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  

Interesting to hear you make cards as I do that too and really enjoy it.  It can be really therapeutic at times!  I can't crochet though, although I do knit.  

I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @salk64 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining with your kind wishes. I'm keeping well, thank you, & I hope you are the same. It's good you have some interests to keep you busy at this time. I used to knit a lot, but could never get the hang of crocheting! I'm grateful for the sunny weather we've been getting so I can go & potter in the garden. I hope you continue to join in, & enjoy being a part of this friendly community. :)
  • salk64
    I’m so glad I have found this community as I have been in the house for 14 weeks and have had to keep myself busy. I have had laughs cries I have got 4 children 2 girls and 2 boys all left home. I brought them up as a single mum but you wouldn’t think that the two youngest keep in touch but my other two barely bothered to contact me. I just have a smile on my face everyday but if people knew you was screaming inside. I’m so glad I can come here and chat 
  • chiarieds
    It's lovely to talk to you too. I think having somewhere to chat helps a lot of us at this difficult time. I can't remember when I last went anywhere beyond my garden. Just being able to get out in that certainly helps me just now. I'm sorry to read about your eldest children; that can't be easy to live with. You can come here & vent any time as well as chat, as there's usually someone here, & we support each other as much as we can. Everyone is really friendly here so I hope it helps you too. :)
  • salk64
    It does help me and thank you for supporting me. I really appreciate it 
  • chiarieds
    You're very welcome. We do care for each other here. :)
  • salk64
    Does anyone know how I go about having a ramp fitted on my front door and path please. I have ppms and I have worsened over the last three months I use a wheelchair when I go out When? My husband has to help me to the car and he is struggling anyone with advice would be great I just don’t know how I go about doing it 
  • chiarieds
    You ask you for an occupational therapist to visit. Just don't know if that's possible due to Covid-19 right now. You can apply here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/care-services-equipment-and-care-homes/home-adaptations/
    If you're looking to buy, you could try here: https://www.theramppeople.co.uk/    or
    I have bought from the latter shop on several occasions, but not ramps! Wheelchair users will probably know more about this, & may be able to better help. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.