More than a little disillusioned — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

More than a little disillusioned

Topkitten
Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
I am getting so very fed up with the attitude of people in adverts and programs on TV. It appears that yet again the lockdown is only serious for those with Cancer or the Elderly. S*d the rest of us as we are, yet again, totally unimportant. It is also getting very obvious with all the whinging and moaning about being stuck indoors for a few weeks. They want to try years of it like me and others before they make such a ridiculous fuss.

The fact is that Covid-19 has a less than 2% mortality rate. Compare that to Influenza at over 1% and SARS at over 10%. This whole scare is a storm in a tea cup for most people. If you are black and over 65 then maybe your concerns are real but beyond that it's all just rubbish (black people die twice as often as white and elderly around double those who are not). The chances for most of us are very low that we shall contract Covid-19 and die and I just wish that people would stop making such a stupid fuss about it. The government have virtually destroyed the country as many will believe the rumors and not go back to work until it is far to late for the country to recover.

As for those waiting for a cure before going out,,,, well I guess they will just have to live in fear and isolation. It takes 9 months to a year to get a cure into full production and distributed to everyone and so far there is little or no progress on making one.

It's time to face facts...... some of us might die and the paranoia about dieing is just that.... paranoia. We all have to go sometime and if that means now then accept it. Living in fear is crazy and will destroy people faster and with more suffering than Covid-19 does. No one lives forever and it's about people accepted that and stopped expecting the scientists to keep us going and going. The lack of wars in modern society has turned the majority of our population into moaning Minnie's.

For those that do hope to live forever and have no intention of succumbing to Covid-19 then please lock yourself away permanently and keep quiet about it even if the TV people come knocking on your door. The last thing the realists among us need is to continue to see such people on TV deliberately depressing the rest of us unnecessarily.

TK
"I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Topkitten I do understand some of your frustration and everyone  has a right to their opinion. However I would doubt if the families and those that have lost loved ones to this virus would share your views.

It is everywhere on TV and media I agree but we all have an OFF button.

Take care and keep safe

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    @janer1967, unfortunately my situation gives me little choice. Housebound and spending 20+ hours a day in a recliner chair badly broken and, due to this dumb government instruction, irreparable until  the unnecessary Corvid panic is over. I have the TV and the internet and that's about it. With pain and suffering meaning I drink less than I should and few hot drinks and manage, if I'm lucky, 1 meal a day.... sometimes hot. Not only that I am unfortunate enough to have invested in Virgin Media which means internet disconnections currently running at 20 to 30 a day (or more) and one program in 4 unwatchable due to freezes and glitches because they aren't investing in new equipment just distributing errors as thinly as possible. My off switch leaves me twiddling my thumbs wondering what else I could be doing.

In addition I need not be housebound because I have a report that states I should be in wheelchair accessible accommodation that I cannot use because moving from one council property to another means viewing the new one before I can accept it... stupid thing to do to a "housebound" cripple like me. Not that I need to be completely housebound and crippled, my GP refuses to put me back on medication I was on before for no real reason other than he doesn't know me as they keep making mistakes and changing my GP. Oh yes, I cannot change to a different surgery because..... yep, I'm housebound. I'm not allowed any surgical option now as not only does Orthopedics refuse to even talk to me since the senior consultant made a bad mistake but even A&E refuse to let me speak to doctors before discharging me no matter what I go in for. Mental health blame it all on a lack of physical support and refuse to help. Social care say I have to much savings and refuse to help. I have asked on 3 occasions to be put back on a medication I was on before they changed it to something that causes me issues because it;s cheaper and been completely ignored. On 5 occasions I have requested medication revue and been ignored. I am deaf in one ear because of wax build up and guess what...... they ignore and refuse to treat that as well. I can only walk at all because I use a support on one ankle that I had to think of and get myself because the GP's would rather I die than be able to get some food and drink, just in case I get a thrombosis.

I have complained about every one of these mistreatments but either I have been ignored or it has been glossed over. No one will actually raise a complaint about a doctor.

The last thing I need to see or hear is other people moaning and groaning and repeating rumors about a virus they don't understand instead of finding out actual facts. It's bad enough to be bombarded with adverts belittling disabled people in favor of those with an illness that might be dangerous. Even Cancer (illness NOT disability) has a reasonable chance of a cure whereas someone with MS and many other real disabilities have no chance at all.

I am more completely disgusted than angry and just fed up with the constant reminders of how much of a sub-human I am (well below animal pets, for example).

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I am sorry to read about all your issues and believe me I do understand . I have also been housebound in an unsuitable property for 2 years before I got a move to bungalow . However I still need assistance to go out and this is usually a weekly shop with my teenage son assisting me .

However I try and stay positive I gave to for my son. 

There are lots people dealing with daily challenges far worse than me  and I salute them 

Keep safe and take care 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.