Hi, my name is josh72ebp! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is josh72ebp!

josh72ebp
josh72ebp Community member Posts: 11 Connected
I am 25 from Scotland. My mum found this and told me to join it. I got aspergus depression and anxiety. I am not great at social interaction (was kept out of normal classes during school) know I can talk to people if it's essential like doctors and such.

I try my best to be kind and if I can help or even give a idea to anything I would try.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Well, I'm glad your mum pointed us in the direction of our little community @josh72ebp. How are you doing today?

There's no pressure to talk here, but you're more than welcome to join us here. Why not start off in our virtual coffee lounge where our members chat about some light, friendly topics?

I hope to see you around! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @josh72ebp Welcome to the community and I look forward to seeing you around. It is really easy to talk to people on here they are all very friendly and supportive
  • josh72ebp
    josh72ebp Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I noticed thanks for the welcome. I will check out the coffee lounge soon 

Hope everyone stays safe and takes care
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @josh72ebp and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's always nice to meet a fellow Scot! Glad to hear that your mum found us and that you decided to join so thank you.  As others have said already, we are very friendly and supportive on here so just chat whenever you feel ready.  There is no rush and glad to hear you are going to check out our Coffee Lounge.  It is a great place to be with some really interesting and fun discussions.  I hope you enjoy being with us anyway and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help to you then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @josh72ebp - It's good to 'meet' you. I'm pleased you followed your Mum's advice & joined this friendly community. Always a good thing to listen to your Mum! Just use this forum to chat when you want. Thank you for your kind wishes; they are appreciated.
    My son was not diagnosed, but said to be 'next door' to Aspergers. He too struggles with social interaction, so I know how difficult this can be. Perhaps it may be easier to chat online?
    We have a lot of people here with Aspergers, as well as anxiety & depression, so you will find many that understand. What are you interested in? :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    A warm welcome to the community. @josh72ebp

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.