Fibromyalgia and walking aids, do they help ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia and walking aids, do they help ?

Options
radders
radders Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Good evening.
I was diagnosed almost a year ago with fibro and cfs , since then I have become progressively worse, more so with nighttime pain , restless legs and really bad stiffness in my legs. I work full time (currently on furlough due to covid) . I am unable to take painkillers due to stomach issues , I am on Amatrypaline.  My partner thinks I should see my GP about getting a stick or crutches because when my legs are stiff I stumble a lot and struggle to keep my balance , my question is, would they actually help, and would my gp give me one for fibro stiffness? I would like to say I am keeping fairly active during lockdown, doing short walks when possible and gentle stretching along with some low impact exercise when I'm having a good day,Many thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.