Hi! - New to this — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! - New to this

mia97
mia97 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Hi there, my name is Mia, I am 21 and on the autistic spectrum. I saw this website advertised on Facebook and thought I would check it out! Please could someone enlighten me as to how this works? Look forward to talking to others?

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @mia97 I’m Emma, so this is an online community, that offers support and advice for disabled people and their families. If you have a question or there’s something you may need help with just ask on here,  and the community and Scope team will do our best to help or point you in the right direction.
  • mia97
    @emmarenshaw Thank you for your help, I understand. I assume we also are allowed to help people by answering their questions?
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    @mia97

Hello Mia welcome to our community forum! How are you today?

We offer advise and support for people with any form of disability. We cover a lot of areas such as help with benefits, mental health, employment, equipment and housing and much more. Have a look below:
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories

We have disabled members that can talk about and offer their advice and support from their personal experiences and we also have advisers that offer professional support along with volunteers/charity staff that moderate the forums.

It is also a great place to make friends, have a look at our coffee lounge were we talk about interests and general fun stuff.

Any member that joins can offer advice and support, please feel free to answer any questions you feel you can help with on the forum.
  • mia97
    @M_Anthony

Hi Anthony, I am very well thanks, I hope you are too! Thank you for your extensive reply, this has helped me understand how this website works. I am sure that I will learn a lot from people here and also, hopefully, be able to offer advice to others.
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @mia97

I am doing great thank you, we look forward to talking with you more!
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    @mia97 No worries. Yes  you can. The community is a lovely, supportive place and we are glad to have you with us.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mia97 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  I hope you have had a nice weekend.  It's nice to meet you and have you on board!  Great to hear you found us through Facebook and thank you for joining us.  I'm sure you will make a really valuable contribution to our forum.  You will find lots of lovely, friendly people on here and it is a great place to be on.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and I look forward to seeing you around.  If we can help you with anything at all then please just say.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mia97 - I would also like to say welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm pleased you saw this community advertised on Facebook, as I hope you may find it helpful. It sounds like you'll fit right in, as we all try to support each other by replying to different discussions, & just chatting. As well as replying to others, you can also start a new discussion at any time. There are links to all this a the top of this page. I look forward to seeing you about the forum, & thank you for joining us all. :)
  • mia97
    @Ails
    @chiarieds

Hi both,

Thank you for your kind responses, I appreciate it! I am very well thank you, I hope you are too? I am sure that I will enjoy using this website and meeting others through the means of things in common. Have a great day?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @mia97! :smile:
    I hope the information given above has been of use to you, but please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else you need.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.