Do I mention it now or wait for new forms? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I mention it now or wait for new forms?

lizzyburns
lizzyburns Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone. I’m lizzy, I’m new here and would like some advice please. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizzyburns and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  How can we help you?  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • lizzyburns
    Hi @Ails! I’m not too bad thanks for asking. I’m new here and would like some advice please. my claim runs out on March 05. 2021 and I got told I should receive a award review letter around September/ October time. does that seem right? they said with this Covid and a backlog of new claims it could be longer. also my condition has got worse, is it worth mentioning now or wait for the forms? hope you can advise. ? liz 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you are well, @lizzyburns.  Can I ask which benefit you are claiming please?  I'm not an expert on benefits, but do know that the current Coronavirus situation is holding things up somewhat with and this includes DWP.  If you let us know which benefit you are talking about then we could advise you better, thanks.  If I don't know the answer to your query then there are other members on here who are very good with benefits advice so they would help too.  With regards to your last question, I would tend to think that you should wait until you receive your forms.  I'm sorry to hear that your condition has got worse.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • lizzyburns
    @Ails sorry I forgot to mention PIP I’m on hun. after doing some research on google people are saying just wait to get the forms. if you can answer my question or can refer it to other members to answer that would be great. ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizzyburns - Welcome to the community from me too. Whilst you can say your condition has worsened, it's wise to see if this would gain you more points, & a higher award than you've already got. Please have a look at the following link about the activities/descriptors that are looked at to see if you may gain more points. See: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    Hope this helps you decide, & if you have any more questions about PIP, please do say, as there's usually someone here able to further advise. :)

• lizzyburns
    @chiarieds ! thank you for a response. I’m liz nice to meet you and everyone else. I’ve looked and I should get more points around 6 more points. is it worth noting that now? my claim runs out on 5th March 2021. they said I should get a award letter around September/ October does that seem right? regards liz ?
  • chiarieds
    Hi @lizzyburns - Hi Liz, yes you should get a review form 6 months before your current award ends, so Sept/Oct. If you say your condition has worsened, then that would start a fresh claim, & filling in another 'How your disability affects you' booklet, then an assessment, like you did initially. :)
  • lizzyburns
    @chiarieds thanks hun! Will just wait for the award review form. is there a link you can send me to view it? also could I get someone to fill it out for me as my handwriting is atrocious! I’m going to wait to receive the forms. will I only get a month when i receive them I. Sep / Oct ? ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizzyburns you will get the forms for review 6 months before your current claim ends, but it could be later due to the current situation, no one knows the answer to that one yet. Are you certain that the change in circumstances is going to last? if not then wait until you receive your review forms, if it is then you should inform the DWP about the change.
    If we can help further please just ask, just to add you can get someone to fill the forms in for you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    From what I have been able to find out, it sounds like October will be the earliest you might get your review form. As woodbine says tho, things may change; nothing is certain at the moment.
    Of course someone else can complete the form for you. My son wrote all of my initial claim form, but we mentioned this at the end of the booklet as I have difficulty writing.
    Just to say, with your review form, you should fill this in with as much detail as you did your initial claim for PIP. As you will see, the PIP review form is much shorter. Bear in mind your initial claim form will probably not be looked at. Therefore add extra pages at the end (making sure you put your name & NI number at the top of each page) saying which question you're replying to. On the claim form add continued on the following page(s).
    Hope this helps, & we're all here if you have further questions. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.