Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

TC956 form and disability element of WTC

Coral61Coral61 Member Posts: 2 Listener
I joined last week so nice to meet you all.  
I am in desperate need of help and advice in regards to a benefit I was on that has just stopped and I feel like I'm getting nowhere.
Hope someone can point me in the right direction.  Thank you
Tagged:

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,153 Scope community team
    Hi @Coral61. We'll do our best. What's the problem you've been having?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • Coral61Coral61 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    It's quite long winded and rather complex Adrian but I'll do my best to explain.
    I'm 59 yrs old, work 21 hours a week and have suffered with Fibromygalgia for many years which is getting worse with the chronic pain and fatigue and many other things that goes with it.
    I was on Long Term Incpacity Benefit for roughly 18 years.  I was in an abusive marriage for 22 yrs and in the end got involved with a domestic abuse organisation.  After being with them for approx 2 years they asked me if I'd like to volunteer for a few hours a week.  I checked with the DWP and told it was fine.  Then a few years later back in July 2013 they asked me if I'd like to work with them on a part time basis as they knew I couldn't work full time.  Anyway I notified the Jobcentre that I would like to stop the Incapacity Benefit claim and they told me that I could apply for the disability element of working tax credits and told me what I would be entitled to.  So I sent off for the form which I believe is TC956 and I fitted the 3 criterias of A. Working more than 16 hrs a week. B. I couldn't work an 8 hr day or 5 days a week and C. That I had been in receipt of long term Incap Benefit 182 days before the claim.  There were no other questions on there about my health etc. They said I was entitled to the claim and having been paying me ever since.  Last week I found out that they had stopped my claim and when I rang them they said that it was because DLA had notified them that I wasn't entitled to it any more.  I did explain that I had never claimed DLA  before and wasn't registered as disabled only that I had filled the TC956 form in and had been in receipt of long term Incap Benefits.  
    I've had to do a Mandatory Reconsideration letter and am waiting to hear from them but I'm so worried and stressed which is making my condition much worse.  
Sign in or join us to comment.