Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Emailed my mp

gillian72gillian72 Member Posts: 175 Pioneering
hello hope everyone's good😇  I decided to contact my mp last night re esa support group vs uc lcw about the difference in Benifit amount, I'm nervous now she just ask for my phone number to dissus this further omg this is the 1st time in yrs I've stuck up for myself I've got butterflies lol my  anxiety levels have gone through the roof  I say powerrrrr to us in legecy esa support group losing out, ok that just made me feel good saying that lol but still nervous ok il keep u updated lol don't even know when she's gonna ring lol 🤔😜😜

Replies

• Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    [email protected] Good luck with your phone call i hope it goes well, let’s no how it goes as I’m also in the support group ESA 
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 929 Pioneering
    also good luck @gillian72, would suggest you write down the points you want to get across to your MP
  • gillian72gillian72 Member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @Lou67 @April2018mom @woodbine, thankyou for ur messages😇 I haven't had phone call from her yet I only replied to her email last night asking for contact num to speak about this further so I think hopefully some time today ? I did mention to her that I'm on scope and there are many others on here in the same boat , I will let u know when I hear owt 😜😜🤔
    @gillian72 Hi Gillian good on you for getting intouch with your MP Iv sd a few time I was going to do it and never plucked up courage to do it, so well done for doing it 😊
    @woodbine, I haven't wrote owt down lol, didn't think there is any points to ask her apart from over £140pm difference on uc then we get on legacy esa sg, I'm thick as s,,,t woodbine so any advice as to what I need to write down  I'd be very grateful 4 xx😇
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,030 Scope community team
    Hi @gillian72. Just a little note; the support group equivalent on Universal Credit is LCWRA (LCW is for those that were on WRAG). Good luck with your call and let us know how you get on. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    @Lou67 thankyou Lou, 😇   I wouldn't have known any better if I wasn't on here , an I think the fact that my daughter sat down an told me I would be better of if she wasn't living here , I don't  put on my daughter for to much help but the fact she is here makes me feel safer plus what have we got to lose? plus the fact I should claim uc to be better off why should we , we get medical assessment on the fact we can't  work xx😜😜
    [email protected]  Oh it’s awful your worse off coz your daughter stays with you, but I feel there’s always a catch to take something off you for one reason or another. So unfair 🤦‍♀️
    @Adrian_Scope, oh s..t  I couldn't remember the last 2 letters on it when I emailed her so thankyou Adrian and thanks for message  il write that as my 1st point an my mistake on it 😜😜

@Lou67 true, I've just managed to keep the wolfs from my door on what I get good job I like eating cereals lol  but I must admit I haven't paid my £55pm council tax while being lockdown  so I'm starting to panic waiting for the white envelope to drop on my mat I have to count to ten 1st just to open my letters lol 🤔😜
    [email protected] Oh I no it’s so stressful, I had been getting standard DL pip for a cpl year it ended in February when I tried to renew it I was 2 points away from getting it back, they gave me 10 points for mobility so got the standard rate I was 2 points away from getting enhanced which is 4 times wat I’m getting so Iv got my MR in at the moment to see if they’ll change it but more than likely it will be the long rd to appeal. Oh sorry for the rant lol 😂 
    @Lou67 I'm pretty sure u will get them extra points np 😇 I tried claiming dla an got turnnt down  then tried pip got turned down waited 2yrs for appeal tribunal an I didn't go, I'm still trying to understand why I didn't go I sunk rather in to depression till last yr when I finally told my dr I've still got a long way to go but  I've give it one last go claim pip but I'm jinxed lol only I could put a claim in then end up with a pandemic lol but at least I can tell myself I tried 😜😜
    [email protected] Oh that’s such bad luck, but stick with it and hopefully you’ll get it this time, you seem a lovely person and I hope you get what your due and deserve 😊 
    @Lou67 orrr thankyou Lou  same back at u xx 😇 I've give myself  4 tasks  1..try pip / 2,,get my own mobility independence/.  3,,,get out. Of  this house an get a flat /. 4  2be a around to  be a nana  😇😇
    @gillian72 Aw thanks 😊 I was due to move into a flat that’s better for me just as we went into lockdown obviously couldn’t get moving, I’m hoping can get in in the next 2 weeks, I v got grandkids and theyr great so funny lol and good company, I’m waiting on 2 knee replacements and put on at least 3 stone with not getting out and about much, I can’t believe this has happened at my age, could be worse I suppose oh sorry another rant 😂😂
    @Lou67im so sorry to hear ur waiting  for 2 knee replacements hope u don't have to wait to long  but I'm sure it's gonna make such a difference to ur mobility your gonna be a new women 😎 And I get you about putting on weight I'm in the same boat as u  with this one I'm sure it will drop of u after ur op il be a sexy new woman  don't. worry about ranting it's good. to. let it  out  anytime u need to I'm here 😜😇
    [email protected] Lol thanks so much that’s appreciated and vice versa I’m always here (nowhere else to go) 😂😂
    Ok update I missed my phone call it took me about an hour to count to ten every ten seconds for that hour lol an she was of to appointment so she said she will call me in morning an I promise to answer phone straight away il make sure I carry on for the sg gang  I will give sky news a story to get into if I have too lol yeahhhhhhhh I'm on it  till we get. answers and the difference in equal amounts  lol il be making a banner an showing it off in trefalger square if I could lol😎😀😜😜😇 
    [email protected]  sorry to hear you missed your call, hopefully you’ll manage to answer today 😊
    Hello esa sg gang 😜😜 ok I'm not. Sure if it was good news for us atm she must of thought I was a right loony lol I went on a hypo trying to rush everything I had to say lol(I do that sometimes before my teeth fall out lol ) fgs ok I told her that some of us can't move on uc if u recive sdp on esa but us who recive enhanced dp never got moved over  when we would be better off an equal rights blaa blaa etc etc , she said some automatically moved who r on certain Benifits that was their plan, she said any of us could claim uc if we would better off, lol she said uc as been here a long time why didn't u claim it when it 1st came out then lol blah! blah! Told her only way to explain  my mh is I've lost the last few years an transfer to 2020 all these iPhone robots lol
    she is going to find out why we got left  behind but she is pretty sure dwp will not back date the difference but if anyone of us can claim uc it's done on line too lol but she is going to ring me later even if it a explanation why?? But to be fair she agree an see why we are fuming about what happend to equal rights for all of us,I told her I'm to stubborn to make a claim for uc even if I'd be better off its not about ££££. No more , yeeeeeeh haaaaaaaaa I feel  so gooddddd I finally did what I said I would do in stead of my usual answer I'm gonna do it soon an never do lol 😍😍😜😇
    [email protected] Awwww well done Mrs 😁good on you, I’m the same always going to do something but al do it tomorrow lol 😂 
    @Lou67 hiya, how u doing today ,I know my kids used to call me an arsenal fan ( a gunner ) lol  I'm still buzzing I really didn't think I would do it I know it wasn't something big but I would never have done it in a million yrs my daughter is getting annoyed with me coz I keep saying omg I've just spoke to an mp little old me lol xx😇😜
    [email protected] Hahahaha (gunner) aw cheers you just made me laugh 😂, oh no it is a big thing well done for doing it you coulda put it off or left it for someone else to do so good on you😊oh I’m not long in I went over to sit in my daughters garden for cpl hrs then got cpl messages now I feel done in yous think I had ran a marathon lol 
    @Lou67 orrr bless you did u get a nice tan 😎Or end up like this😡 Lol
    @gillian72 hahahahaha I ended up like 🥵lol aw I’m fine I usually take a decent colour but not been out much, there’s no even any were I can just go round and sit but once I move there’s a nice back al be able to use. 
    @Lou67 yeah me to no more stairs thank god lol😇😇
    Hi gillian72 Oh were I’m moving to is a close with only 4 in it I’m at the top but there’s only one small flight of stairs, the flat I’m in the now is 3 up murder 🤦‍♀️So bottom would be better but I’m still happy enough x
    @Lou67 yeah I think I'd be happy with that too I guess we can't always get what we want tut tut lol least I wouldn't be stuck in my bedroom when I can't do the stairs I can be a couch potato in a living room ha ha love it loll 
    [email protected] Hiya just checking in to see how your doing today 🙂
    @Lou67 hiya Lou, just had a few bad days how's them cranking knees doing lol  no really how r u have u got ur points yet?? hope u have ,I haven't heard owt yet Benifits will be abolished by time they get to me lol 😜😇 xx
    [email protected] Aww Sorry to hear youv had a crap few      days ☹️ Oh you made me laugh there thanks lol I’m feeling a bit crap to went with my daughter to see the work her partner had done in my new flat, I’m gony trying get moved next week, no Iv still heard anything from benefits theyr in no hurry to get back to me either, theyr murder 🤦‍♀️
    @Lou67 aww that's nice of ur daughters partner to help you mine look at me like. I'm ET as I don't I don't text or message. them on those apps or what ever they r I put a fiver on my last phone once an was texting my daughter I said omg it feels like I've had a family nite lol she was in her bedroom next to mine lol amazing lol🤔😜
    [email protected] hahaha oh I’m murder I can manage WhatsApp and that’s lol 😂 
    @Lou67 lol I know what's up that's the best I know  pmsl 😜😜
    @Lou67😜, now then Mrs pork cackling knees lol😜 How's u, have u got them points yet! well they say no news is good news ( mine has always been bs lol) well as u can guess no reply back she must have seen I didn't vote for her pmsl 😜😜 I'm on a anxiety an stress hype Oooooo atm lol an 2 make things worse I ran over a pikoss  this morning ahhhhh!  Anyway miss knobbly knees, haha make me laugh I need it lol 😝😜😜
    @gillian72 lol oh god you just made m laugh again cheers 😂 no still nothing back murder. How’s you been Mrs 😊
    @Lou67 glad someone still likes my immature sense of humour lol  ha I guess running over that pikoss wasn't so bad I guess ha!haha 🤑🤑😜
    @gillian72. Lol aww need to laugh I’v done enough crying lol 😂 
    Lol @Lou67 I feel like that film atm  the one where he has a million ( slight exaggeration on the million lol)  😜 Split personalities lol keep calm an inhale the virus lol lol lol!! 
    @gillian72 oh your hilarious 😂😂
    @gillian72. Hiya how are you doing hope your good😊
    @Lou67😜 Now then Mrs crunchy knees lol😂, did u get them points yet? My eye sight has gone wonky overnight fgs 🤓, I. Got email from mp, dwp replied saying it would be up to me if I  decide I'm better of moving to uc , however Gillian knows the amount of esa she gets atm, an as it stands atm uc pays £410 pm an sg extra is £341pm  and  2bed housing benifit is £ 399pm / 3bed £430 an £75 deduction if daughter  was over 21, but no mention of coucil tax ??? Lol ummmmm 🤔🤔
    @gillian72. Oh hope your eyesight comes ok must be frightening, aw no still no heard anything yet think theyv forget about me lol, I’m no sure wat all that is way UC but we aren’t getting the extra money on our ESA by looks of it ☹️
    @Lou67🤓  Hiya crunchy lol hope ur doing ok , yes I know what a joke that's over £300 (I think haven't out my carol v head on atm ) lol well thats never ha! ,  buttttt no mention on council tax ummm 🤔🤔 that might be the catch lol , yeah my eyes are doing all sorts of different things atm ummmmm 🤓 Never had any probs with my sight in my life, I keep using the lockdown not to get my eye test I have heard they can tell if u have ms?  🤓😎🤓😎🤓 😜😜 lol xx
    Aww Gillian72 oh hopefully it’s not that , you should definitely make an appointment get them tested, Ano if your like me I put everything off but please don’t this is your sight, hopefully it’s something silly xx
    @Lou67 so they can tell then?? I don't even no how much it cost for test lol 😜😜
    Gillian72  Oh I don’t know what they can pick up but I know they can find out different things through eye tests, Iv never had to pay for my eye tests because I’m on ESA.
    @Lou67 ohh so I can take esa award letter with me 🤓🤓 lol arsenal fan lololo ha! Ha! Xx
    @gillian72 😂😂😂. I can’t mind if I took mine me but I probably did the first time I went, so get an appointment made Mrs lol xx
    @Lou67 yes I'm Gunnar  Mrs  crunchy lol 🤓😎😜😜xxx
    Lol 😂 good let’s no how you get on xx
    @gillian72 Hey Mrs how are you have you managed to get an appointment for eye test yet x
    @Lou67 hiya hope ur well, umm no not atm can't be arsed,I've been wearing my daughters glasses lol they just about let me see an write on here when I 1st put them on for some reason then eyes start 2 jumbled up, my land lord sent me a warning letter over my rent (yawn yawning blahh! Blaahh! ) an council tax gone up to £87 due on 15th (blaa! Bs! Yawning) they can both do one lololo haaaaaaaaa! Oh an daughters partner has brought a house gets the keys next week, I'm bit confused over this he said his cousin is gonna lodge in an that helps 2wards his bills but says he doesn't want kellyann making a huge commitment atm?? So my anxiety is blowing my head off just wish they would spit it out ffs lol right that's my rant 2day lol 🤓😜
    @gillian72.  Oh god aye hope they sort it out, as for your landlord tell him your under more stress now than normal times lol but as for your eyes you need an appointment ASAP sorry for going on I sound asif I m your mum lol I’m done in been packing more stuff didn’t realise amount of crap I had 🤦‍♀️I move on Tuesday so a bit stressed again lol now there a rant 😂😂
    @Lou67. 🤓Yeah I know, brain Mri abnormal an I've seen neurologist, got a deep white matter dissese anyway lol could do with a full m,o,t, lol haaaaaaaaa! 😜😜
    @gillian72. Oh it’s good to laugh but al keep annoying you till youv been for eye test lol 
    @gillian72. Hey Mrs how’s things, was thinking about you, have you managed to get your eyes seen to yet xx
    @Lou67 now then miss crunchy knees 😇😜how u doing?, have u got them points yet? How's ur new flat hav u settled in OK , oh no I've been a arsenal fan still lol 🤓😎🤓
    Hey stranger I’m good thanks, yeah I moved 2 weeks ago, I love it much better for me, how’s your eyes Mrs your murder 🤦‍♀️you shoulda got them looked at xx
    Oh no word on my points and my knees still F..... 😂😂
    @Lou67 I  phoned them again today to see if I could get assessment appointment still nothing bs isn't it , I told u it would be abolished by the time I get my f2f 😭😡 do u think I should have sent my appointments letters in even if I had to cancel them atm?
    Yeah I would send any information I have I would send it registered post so you can track it xx
    A lot of people that applied about February time have had theyr assessment and got word back, have you phoned them them to see wat the holdup is xx
    Oh sorry just saw you phoned them sorry 🤦‍♀️
    @Lou67 yeah I know I spoke to her today an I told her ppl have put in 4 pip after March an they have had p2f already, she said sorry that's not true we go in order to assement an said no that's not true so I said ppl on scope are lying then is that what ur saying or do think I'm lying then ?? She said no I'm not saying your lying about it ,but it's not true we r going in order , so I don't no I'm fed up with it all hiding from my door knocking again bs joke isn't it 😜😜
    Aww that’s a fkn shame, no Iv definitely spoke to a cpl of people that have had it it’s no f2f because of all this, theyr doing the assessment over the phone, surely you won’t have much longer to wait, Iv been waiting for over 10 weeks on word on my points if I don’t get them it’ll be the long rd to appeal ☹️
    @Lou67 yeah I no that's what I said to her by th time I do mr an then appeal it its going to be yrs I'm not gonna be around that long I've had enough bs off it all 🤔🤔
    Aww don’t give up I no it’s so hard it’s the worse process to go through a total nightmare xx
    @Lou67 omg guess what I've just phoned them again an asked if I should have sent hospital an nurse appointments in she said u can if u like it wouldn't make much difference anyway then she said Gillian I've just got a cancellation on my screen it's for Friday 2.15 so I said no point sending them in now she said u can tell them about my appointments on Friday they will tell u if they need them then , omg I hope my memory doesn't f,, up on Friday lol she must of felt sorry 4 me coz I  started crying when I called this morning 😭😭 then she said very good luck for Friday , I hope all goes well for u Friday lol I'm not sure if she was trying to tell me something or just wishing me luck generally it felt a bit over the top but it's probably me thinking the worst again I'm a nightmare with these coz I don't shut up when telling them about me coz if I see a look from them an it makes me think they haven't understood me I don't shut up till I feel they understand me I even do it with my own kids lol childhood past makes me do it I'm a bloody nightmare paranoid I don't even no what the look is lol god I'm mad ain't I lol 😜😜
    Lol no I no wat your meaning, aww brilliant roll on Friday just take your time before you answer then oh great will be over with for the weekend WHOOP WHOOP 🙌 
    @Lou67 😃I know I'm buzzing got a chance of getting it b4 it's abolish lol after pm boris speech on news today saying he's got to stop forlorn scheme etc etc an on about the younger generation who have lost their jobs going back to them aprentership scheme again where they work all week for about a tenner a week again it's gonna be long time before we get back to normal, if that ever happens keep calm an suck it up lol 🙃🙃😜
    Lol oh your right going to be a long time before back to normal whatever normal is 😂
    Omg I'm so thick I tried to upload a photo an God nows what went up I had to delete what ever I put on my profile pic lol😜
    Hahahahaha oh I’m the same I’m hopeless 😩 
    Hi Gillian72 just want to wish you luck for your assessment this afternoon, really hope it goes well, let me no how it goes once it’s over take care and deep breaths lol xx
    @Lou67🤔😡 awww ffs 😭 Think I need to stop smashing mirrors in my house 😳 I thought it would be a doddle not getting f2f so I wouldn't get paranoid with the exception look 🤔 My anxiety is going through the roof I couldn't have prepared myself more even had a magnifying glass ready incase my confusion head kicked in 😜 It was 4.45 when I went back upstairs now I've carmed my breathing down I felt like I had one of them old fashion things where u tied the back up so u looked like a wine glass lol I've just got a keep calm an inhale the virus 😡 Lol xx
    Oh jeezo 🤦‍♀️Oh that’s a shame but hopefully it’s went better than you think, fingers crossed for you, trying relax tonight now it’s over way xx
    @Lou67🤓 Thank crunchy it's Friday 😜😇 now then missy r u showing off putting ur pic up lol nice pic 🤗 I'm gonna get my daughter 2 put 1 up 4 me 2morrow they have gone to me sons house for a 🍷🍻 oh look this was me an hour ago🍸Lol  I think the assessor thought I was  carol vordamon ( can't spell it )  twice he interrupted me asking if I had a pound coin (hang on I had to write them down lol) an I spent 25p how much would I have left? Then he did it again  what's 100-7=?? Of the top of ur head wtf he didn't give me enough time to count me fingers I might ring on Monday to tell him what the answers r now i have more 🕑 Ha ha! 
    Hahahahaha aww brilliant your fkn hilarious 😂 oh no I really hate getting photos took I don’t have many I was going to my sons 30th in March so washed my face lol my hairs up in a bun or a pony every day lol xx
    I think if you give it a week you can phone up get the report sent out that way you’ll have a good idea how it went, wen I asked for them to send mine she sd we don’t do that, but they do so be insisting if you need to xx
    @Lou67 lol I don't even brush mine lol , hey up! My son is 30 on 12th July too  I go mad at me kids when they photo me on there phones grrrr lol
    Lol I’m the same Iv put on weight and the crap way my knees I feel crap 🤦‍♀️Oh well could be worse so Iv been told 😂😂
    Hi Gillian I hope your feeling a bit better today after your phone call, I got some good news today, got my Mandatory Reconsideration letter back theyv changed me from low mobility to enhanced 😀well chuffed way that, didn’t get the 2 points for daily living, but think I will be appealing that xxx
Sign in or join us to comment.