Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Esa assessment

Hi all.
just wondering if anyone can help me. 
I had my Esa assessment on 17/02/2020  I had a home assessment.
I thought I would of heard something by now ,my payments are still going in which is a good thing. I won’t ring up DWP as I’m to scared and I have nobody else to ask.
Does anybody know if they aren’t making decisions during this time. 
My anxiety and stress levels are through the roof. Any help to put my mind at ease would be brilliant.
thank you 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 1,485 Pioneering
    HI @fedupfemale Welcome to the community.

As far as I am aware if an assessment has taken place they are making decisions, however bear in mind they are dealing with increased demand on claims and reduced staffing levels so people are experiencing long delays in claims.

At least you are still getting paid but the only way to find out is to contact them, could your GP surgery help make contact for you or maybe citizens advice, if you are not able to yourself 
  • fedupfemalefedupfemale Member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi @janer1967 thanks for getting back to me. 
    I don’t have a good relationship with my doctors and I’m in the middle of waiting for a new support worker but due to the pandemic that’s on hold. My local cab is closed apparently probably due to staff shortages. 
    I’m overthinking everything as always but it’s not doing my mental health any good. 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,869 Scope community team
    Hi @fedupfemale, how are you today?

I imagine the unknown about when support will be put into place is worrying. MIND have a page which has specific mental health support for people during the pandemic.

Have you been able to talk to someone about how you are feeling at the moment? Just want to make sure you're safe.. :)

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Community Partner
    Scope
    @Chloe_Scope thank you for asking. No I haven’t been able to talk to anyone about anything. My daughter contacted Cab but the man just said that they was probably busy. The unknown is the worst because it gets you thinking all sorts of things 🥴 Today I received a letter about my Pip being extended till March 2021,it went on to say however we may look at your review earlier so now I’m worried about that benefit aswell as my Esa. 
    Hi @fedupfemale, I'm glad to hear your PIP claim has been extended. Have you heard anything about your ESA?
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • PIPPERMANPIPPERMAN Member Posts: 14 Listener
    edited June 18
    The PIP letter seems to be standard. People are reporting the same thing across a number of groups. The likelihood of reducing the extension would have to depend on an unexpected improvement in the Covid19 status and right now second outbreaks have happened in China and Germany linked to the meat industry.

If may be stressful but really no news is good news, as long as you are getting your payments.
    If you are stressed and just need to talk to someone you can always call the Samaritans. It's not just for people who are in crisis and having dark thoughts. 
    @Chloe_Scope no I’ve still not heard anything about my Esa, like @PIPPERMAN said no news is good news but the stress of it all is really getting to me because when I’m stressed my tremors kick off which brings on muscle tension which affects my arthritis and also my IBS. I just feel so alone right now. 
    It must be really isolating @fedupfemale. I'm sorry it's affecting your health. Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing.
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.