Confirm previous earnings from work? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confirm previous earnings from work?

Options
vixs99
vixs99 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all, I’m hoping you can help me. I am claiming Universal Credit for my disabled son. We are new to this as he only recently turned 20 and we immediately lost child tax credits. He doesn’t work and attends college. A new question came through from the Universal Credits asking us to confirm previous earnings from work. “In the past 12 months before you claimed universal credit were there any gaps in your employment?” Yes/No
He has never been employed do I answer yes or no?  
Yes there were gaps in his employment because he was never employed/ no there were no gaps in his employment because he was never employed ? There is no other option and nowhere to add any further comments ?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @vixs99. This is unfortunately a very poorly worded question!
    Your son would answer Yes, there have been gaps in his employment - one long gap. This question is mostly irrelevant to your son anyway as it relates to the benefit cap which wouldn't apply to him. If you haven't already, it would be worth getting a fit note from his GP and looking to have a Work Capability Assessment (WCA) for him.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.