Vitamin Deficiencies and Pain Relief — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vitamin Deficiencies and Pain Relief

JadeB90
JadeB90 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi everyone,
  I am b12 and folate deficient and waiting to start my loading dose (via injection). It's been a struggle to get me into the surgery 3 times a week due to the current climate. The deficiencies cause lots of uncomfortable side effects and i've been pretty much bed bound for the last 2 weeks while awaiting treatment due to muscle weakness and extreme fatigue, but I want to manage it as healthily as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations for natural pain relief? My body permanently feels like it has the flu and I want to be able to manage some of the housework and cooking. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JadeB90 Welcome to the community, its nice to have you on board.

Unfortunately we are not able to give any advice regarding pain relief you really need to speak to your GP as they will know how anything even natural remedies could react to your medication
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    Hi again @JadeB90 - I have been meaning to get back to you about this post looking at natural pain relief. Have you considered cannabidiol (CBD)? It helps with homeostasis, i.e. getting your body in balance, & can also help with pain. I can only say, in my personal experience, it has reduced my pain. As it's taken orally, it wouldn't have a negative impact on your injections, however, if you take any meds, or even some over the counter meds, you need to have a 2-4 hour gap between taking such meds & CBD. If taking any meds, before considering CBD, you should therefore discuss this with a pharmacologist.
    If you are interested in CBD, I would be pleased to give further guidance. I've been taking CBD for 19 months, & have researched it quite a lot. Just to say my medical background is that I'm a physio, so have done some research of medical issues previously. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.