Received a letter today asking for confirmation of date of birth and passport. Is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received a letter today asking for confirmation of date of birth and passport. Is this normal?

dawny63
dawny63 Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm asking for help for my husband.  He has had a recent telephone assesment for pip. It's a new first claim. Received a letter today asking to confirm his date of birth. Also requesting his passport. Is this normal.?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dawny63 and welcome to scope, I haven't heard of that before, might be an idea to phone them today or Monday, you could also ask for a copy of the assessment report if it was done more than a week ago.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dawny63 Welcome to the community, I must admit I haven't heard of that before but as it was a telephone assessment it may be the reason as f2f assessment they normally ask for identification as it could be anyone sat there in front of them , so I wouldn't be too concerned 
  • dawny63
    Oh thanks  for that.
  • dawny63
    Many thanks.  Thought when hubby had telephone assesment how can you prove who you  are.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.