How can I get a loan to pay bills? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I get a loan to pay bills?

Options
bunty55
bunty55 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Type your messagehi struggling badly hiw can I get a loan to pay bills

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bunty55 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear that you are struggling to pay your bills as this must be extremely stressful for you.  Firstly, have you tried speaking to the companies whose bills you are struggling to pay to see if some arrangement can be made?  As sometimes it is better to let landlord/utility companies know you are struggling to pay your bills as they can maybe help and come up with some arrangement between you and them.  Speaking to them may lessen the stress somewhat and prevent you from getting into any further debt with them.  Also do you mind me asking if you are claiming any benefits as you may be entitled to something you are not already getting?  Scope has a benefits calculator where you can work out what you are entitled to and I have included the link below if you would like to have a look -

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/calculate-your-benefits/

Your local Citizens Advice Bureau can also be very helpful with advice and information when it comes to money and paying bills and often have a money expert so I would suggest phoning them, but here is a link to them discussing paying bills for you to look at too -

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/budgeting/budgeting/get-help-with-bills/

Also there is an organisation called StepChange who are very good with advice and support when it comes to managing money and paying bills.  I have used them myself in the past and found them to be really helpful.  They will often suggest some kind of repayment plan which is agreed by you and them to help you manage to pay your bills easier.  I have provided the link to their website also -

https://www.stepchange.org/

I hope you find the above information helpful and can appreciate what a worrying time this must be for you.  We are here to support you on the forum also so please chat to us anytime you need to as there will always be someone on here to listen and advise.  Other members may have some suggestions too for you and if so, will post here too.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and please try not to stress too much as there is help out there.  If you have any questions or we can be of any further help/support to you then please just ask.  Wishing you all the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.