Will i be moved to UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will i be moved to UC

Options
wild_one
wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
Im on ESA HB CTR and my daughter has made a claim for UC. Ive informed them of change of circumstances and wondering what will the impact be on my situation. Will it affect my finances and could they move me to UC?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @wild_one. Your daughter claiming UC isn't a reason for you to have to switch. Depending on her age and situation it may affect your Housing Benefit as a non-dependant deduction. There's some information about this on Shelter: housing benefit deductions when living with non-dependants.
    Your council tax reduction may also be affected if she's now classed as an adult but as these are handed differently by individual councils, yours would be best suited to advise you on this. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    Options
    Good morning @wild_one. Your daughter claiming UC isn't a reason for you to have to switch. Depending on her age and situation it may affect your Housing Benefit as a non-dependant deduction. There's some information about this on Shelter: housing benefit deductions when living with non-dependants.
    Your council tax reduction may also be affected if she's now classed as an adult but as these are handed differently by individual councils, yours would be best suited to advise you on this. 
    Thank you. To be honest the HB already included an extra element just due to her living here even though she had zero income previously. Same with CTR, they’re hitting me pretty hard. My full CT is £1500 a year and after reduction I’m paying £72 a month. So even though she wasn’t working and had zero income they still made an extra deduction for her. I called and confirmed it was correct? It’s in the lap of the gods at the moment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.