The Happy Newspaper! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Happy Newspaper!

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2020 in Coffee lounge
I know the news has been heavily focused on coronavirus, lockdown and the ever-changing rules. This understandably can be overwhelming at times.

On the community we have been sharing positive stories from around the world and how the lockdown has led to kindness and environmental benefits. If you need a sprinkle of positivity I would recommend checking out that thread. :)

The Happy News

Yet if want a constant stream of feel-good stories, The Happy News is a newspaper which is published quarterly. It's a real newspaper which only celebrates the positive news. Basically a little piece of sunshine through your letterbox once every three months. Each issue is £3.99 but subscriptions can be cancelled at any time.

A copy of the newspaper using bright colours and shows articles The background is blurred
Every single day there are people helping others and doing incredible things in all corners of the planet and the majority of them aren't celebrated, but we think they deserve to be recognised.

We aim to bring a refreshing twist on what we typically know as 'news', reporting on positive changes and truly inspiring people.

If you don't want to receive a copy, but still want some positivity, you can read their news stories or follow The Happy News on Twitter or Instagram.

Do you have any happy news to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Scope

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    We usually have our neighbours round twice a week for a cuppa and a natter, not been possible for ten weeks, however they came round on Monday we sat in the garden (socially distanced) for a brew and a catch up, cheered us all up.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    That's sounds good @woodbine. I would love a cream tea afternoon socially distance.Wearher bad now. Soon as we told we can go out it rains typically ??‍? should have our n newspaper and call it... The Good Times newspaper.
    Positive vibes? 
    I pay for that a few puzzles but you would have to change the name of Crosswords . No Cross....Words allowed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.