Carers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers

cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
My carers come from an agency funded  by the government. An aide comes 2 -4 hours a day to help with for cleaning, shopping.

My question is this: the agency sends whoever they want never consulting me was to when someone is coming.

I get used to an aidd, a relationship is formed, then the carer never comes back. The agency does not even tell me. I have no choice of carers - they appear and disappear at random. The agency mandates a schedule a nd changes it.

Is this now you carers work?

Comments

• thejollyroger
    thejollyroger Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi, you should be consulted on the the time of day roughly when the carer will come to see you.
    they should try and keep the same carers for you as this is continuity and good for all concerned. AT weekends they may be different carers as a lot of carers have children and so can’t work weekends. Also sickness and holidays and courses and training and other things, can take your regular carers away from coming to see you.
    please don’t blame carers as they don’t have much of a say in who they see and the time they get is usually not enough!
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I certainly would never blame the carers. They are lovely people who ha e as little co from over their schedule as  I do. It is the administration. Many carers have quit because their schedules can be changed even as they drive from one client to another

What annoys me is that the office never calls me as to who and when carers are coming. Both the carelessness 

All that aside, I am very grateful for this he!p.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cracker, I imagine this is very frustrating and can be difficult to adjust to. Have you spoken to the agency about the affect this is having?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cracker Welcome to the community good to have you on board.

As above have you spoken to the agency about your concerns, it isn't easy for agency run carers to allocate the same carers as it depends on who they have available at the time and a lot of agency carers leave due to the nature of the unpredictability.

Try and speak to a senior person at the agency, it may not be practica to inform you of who your carer was on a daily basis as to do this for every client would be a huge task.

If you are not satisfied with the service can you move to an alternative provider 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.