Tribunal advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal advice

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
hi everyone I've got my tribunal by telephone on 15th june its stressing me out and its all I can think about even dreaming about it running through my head I suffer from severe depression and severe anxiety chronic pain arthritis spinal problems nerve pain can anyone give me advice who has had a telephone tribunal how to prepare for this advice on questions they will ask so I can prepare thanksx

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    tara2019 said:
    hi everyone I've got my tribunal by telephone on 15th june its stressing me out and its all I can think about even dreaming about it running through my head I suffer from severe depression and severe anxiety chronic pain arthritis spinal problems nerve pain can anyone give me advice who has had a telephone tribunal how to prepare for this advice on questions they will ask so I can prepare thanksx
    hi @tara2019, someone will respond soon with advice for you, sorry to hear you are so upset and stressed, take care  :)
  • tara2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019 Welcome to the community

I have been to tribunal in person not over the phone. The best advice I can give is to read through your bundle and your original application to make notes on how you think you should have scored against the descriptors. They will ask how you manage to do the tasks any aids you use and support or assistance you need, what prevents you from doing the task.

How you are affected if you do the task etc, it is all relating to how your condition was at time of assessment and not any change in condition 

There are other members on here who have recently had a phone tribunal maybe have a look through other posts for more insight.

Good luck and try to stop worrying easier said than done
  • tara2019
    Thankyou for your advice I have read lots of posts on here I have read all my bundle and will start make notes on everything which im apealing thanks ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019, I'm glad others have been able to offer support and advice, You are not alone in this and many of our members have been through the process.

I really hope it goes well and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• tara2019
    Yes I will do thanks xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.