Cervical decompression surgery — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cervical decompression surgery

timbo1
timbo1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have had num hands, arms and lower legs for 2y last October I had C3-C5 decompression - removal of ostephytes.
has any one else had this. 
I have no improvement and getting frustrated! No pain but no feeling or fine control of my hands so can’t work!
Help!!!

Comments

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @timbo1

A very warm welcome.

You could seek a referral from your GP, to get an appointment with the surgeon, who carried out the operation.

You could also seek a course of physio, again via your GP.

I have not had the op, but have reduced power and numbness in neck and limbs,due to nerve root entrapment.  I declined the operation.

You could also consider a pain management programme.

It’s a matter of finding something that can assist you the most.

Don’t give up or suffer in silence.

Hope this helps.

Stay kind and be safe.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @timbo1 Welcome to the community.

There could be lots of reasons you are having numbness in your hands and legs and I would encourage you to speak to your GP. We are unable to give medical advice as we are not medics here and I know you are just asking for similar examples but this could lead to you getting all different ideas.

Good luck I hope you find the answer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.