I'm angry and hurt hoping this feeling goes away — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm angry and hurt hoping this feeling goes away

shele1
shele1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi have 4 month old with hie grade 2 obviously didn’t happen long ago so still feeling traumatised by my experience. I have worked in a special school for over 20 years so im not really upset at what her outcome will be just that it happened. I had preeclampsia with my first child but felt so ill with second but nobody seemed that intrested. Was going to maternity triage was just sent home my daughter was born 41 weeks at 5lb now the investigation saying that was because of blood pressure which they had said i didn’t have. Im angry and hurt hoping this feeling goes away x 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    Hi @shele1 and a warm welcome to the community and congratulations on your newest arrival. I'm sorry you feel so let down by the maternity service, I can understand your frustration. After having pre-esclampsia with your first child you would expect them to be very closely monitoring your blood pressure the second time around. Do you still have access to your notes to see what they recorded your blood pressure at? 

I'm wondering if our free Navigate service would be of use to you? They offer emotional support for parents via a 6 week program that is delivered remotely. 
    www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate

Have you explored counselling at all or spoken to your GP about you're feeling? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shele1 Welcome to the community and congratulations on your new arrival.

I am not surprised you are feeling angry and hurt and your emotions will be all over the place anyway at this time.

Maybe at a later time you may feel like you want to take this further and have your case investigated as thus is important to ensure it doesn't happen to others in the future.

You should contact the PALS at the hospital in the first instance to lodge your complaint.

I hope you start to feel better don't let it stop you enjoying your new family member 
  • shele1
    shele1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks everyone im looking in to counciling and navigate sounds amazing and something to consider thank you sometimes just good to let people who have been through experience thanks so much for listening and well done scope for your amazing work 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shele1, thank you for your kind words. I am so happy to hear you have had a positive experience! 

Please do stay in touch and let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.