What's the recovery time after a lesion removal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's the recovery time after a lesion removal?

Options
David60
David60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am on a waiting list for surgery to correct Left C5/6 and C6/7 foraminal Stenosis requiring facetectomy for root decompression. I have also got a C6 Introdural Lesion/Schwannoma which requires a micrsurgical Excision. I know this will be a tricky operation to perform, i was wondering whether anyone has had a similar Lesion/Schwannoma removed and how long is the hospital recovery? Any information will be very welcome.
Thanks
David

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @David60 Welcome to the community it is nice to have you on board. I don't have any experience of your issue or surgery but just wanted to say hello.

I am sure other members will have some advice for you

In the meantime have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions
  • David60
    David60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for thr welcome :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @David60

Good Afternoon & Welcome.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Unfortunately like @janer1967 above I haven’t had any experiences that you have mentioned above.

I do hope that there are other members who would be able to help you.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @David60 - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm also unable to help from personal experience, but you might ask your GP, or your Consultant for their advice. As mentioned above, perhaps someone else may know here in the community.
    Anyway, thank you for joining us all, & please let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @David60, I hope the surgery goes okay! It is probably best to ask the consultant about recovery time.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.