Parents and carers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

EHCP help

AlwaysfightingAlwaysfighting Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2 in Parents and carers
Hi everyone. I'm new on here. My son is in year 10 and he have just been refused to access for a EHCP. Iam not sure if I should go to mediation or just go to appeal. Any advice. 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 4,568 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Alwaysfighting Welcome to the community great to have you on board. I am unable to answer your question as I am not familiar with EHCP process. I hope other members can advise.

Just wanted to welcome you, maybe look at our parents and carers section there may be dome relevant posts there
  • AlwaysfightingAlwaysfighting Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you. Still learning how to navigate the community. 
  • EmmaR_ScopeEmmaR_Scope Scope Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi everyone. I'm new on here. My son is in year 10 and he have just been refused to access for a EHCP. Iam not sure if I should go to mediation or just go to appeal. Any advice. 
    HI @Alwaysfighting

have a look at our pages on assessments  - if you need further support try your local SENDIAS or the charity IPSEA also support families, you can apply again if was refused due to lack of evidence. 

Did you have a 'next steps meeting'?

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
Sign in or join us to comment.