EHCP help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EHCP help

Options
Alwaysfighting
Alwaysfighting Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. I'm new on here. My son is in year 10 and he have just been refused to access for a EHCP. Iam not sure if I should go to mediation or just go to appeal. Any advice. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Alwaysfighting Welcome to the community great to have you on board. I am unable to answer your question as I am not familiar with EHCP process. I hope other members can advise.

Just wanted to welcome you, maybe look at our parents and carers section there may be dome relevant posts there
  • Alwaysfighting
    Alwaysfighting Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you. Still learning how to navigate the community. 
  • EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new on here. My son is in year 10 and he have just been refused to access for a EHCP. Iam not sure if I should go to mediation or just go to appeal. Any advice. 
    HI @Alwaysfighting

have a look at our pages on assessments  - if you need further support try your local SENDIAS or the charity IPSEA also support families, you can apply again if was refused due to lack of evidence. 

Did you have a 'next steps meeting'?

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.