Hi, my name is Dkaveney1! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dkaveney1!

Options
Dkaveney1
Dkaveney1 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
I lost my wife six years ago after 40 years together and I lost my son just before christmas and my daughter is having an operation for cancer next week.I started having fits just before christmas which ment I have lost my only means of getting out as my mobility is not good so I am pretty much house bound apart from going to the hospital three time a week by transport for  dialysis. I have started having panic attacks and I think it is because I am so alone and I don't know what to do.Please excuse my spelling.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dkaveney1

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with????

@steve51
  • Dkaveney1
    Options
    Thanks steve51,,it's nice just to be able to tell someone
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dkaveney1

No probs my friend.

Please please contact me anytime if you need any help/support.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dkaveney1 - I am so sorry to read what you've gone through, & your sad losses. I do at least understand the dreadful loss of a child. I'm sure you're understandably concerned about your daughter, & I hope her operation goes well. All of this, & your own health concerns must feel overwhelming.
    Please know that this community is here to support you in whatever way we can. Thank you for reaching out & joining us all. Please talk her any time, & let us know how your daughter gets on, & how you are too. My best wishes. :)
  • Dkaveney1
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response,,it was very welcome as I have never spoken to anyone about what has happened to me and the situation I'm in and I'm quite a shy person and don't make friends very easy but now I have said who I am  and the situation I'm in it will be nice to come on line and talk to people.I'm off to dialysis soon so it will have to be tonight but I look forward to it,,thanks everybody. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Dkaveney1 and welcome to the community here. Please know you're always welcome to stop by and chat. We're a friendly bunch here and there's usually always someone around if you need someone to talk to. :smile: How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Dkaveney1 Welcome to our community.  I am so sorry for your losses.  You must be a very brave person to want to make new friends after all you've been through.  I'm a widow, so know something about what you must be feeling.  We didn't have children so I can't know how you feel about that!  We are always here to talk to when you need to!  God Bless!  Denise11

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.