Help with Spinal Stenosis :( — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with Spinal Stenosis :(

Options
Luchia
Luchia Community member Posts: 278 Pioneering
Hi everyone!!!

Hoping to find some help and support on the forum and be able to help others.
I'm a 33 year old male and in 2017 I was diagnosed with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis.
My Doctor has me on Zomorph 12H release tablets which I have to take 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

Sadly I am unable to work anymore due to the intense amount of pain that flares up, I've managed it at home with a lot of planning to try and get some house work done and rest a lot in-between.

Some days I am unable to get out of bed due to the pain.
At the moment we are relaying solely on my partners wage which can be a bit of a struggle at the best of time.

Hoping to get some advice on what I can apply for as I have very little knowledge about the benefits system.

Thank you everyone 

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @Lucia, so sorry to hear of your awful diagnosis, we  are a very welcoming community here at scope and you will get the advice/help that you need, if not tonight due to the time, tomorrow, take care and keep safe  :)
  • Luchia
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely replies.
    Just looking into PIP at the moment but not sure I'd be able to get it :(
    Job Centre say I am able to work but my Dr says it wouldn't be possible because of the medication I am on and wouldn't pass any form of medical 
  • katho31
    Options
    Hi @Lucia, if you ring the pip helpline and ask for a pip application form, they will post it to you, CAB, people here online at scope, {Adrian and Chloe} and they will help you by giving you links that you can click onto, it has helped myself and lots of others too. good luck and make time to read all the info on the links, it time consuming but worth it  :)
  • Luchia
    Options
    Sorry what does CAB mean?
  • katho31
    Options
    its citizens advice bureux
  • katho31
    Options
    also the telephone number to apply for pip is 08001214433, hope thats the correct number, also website says another contact dwp number is 08009172222
  • Luchia
    Options
    Shall give PIP a call in the morning.
    Heard it very difficult to get approved for it :(
  • katho31
    Options
    please ring them, when you get your app form this online community will you, try to be positive, know its hard, goodnite and let us know how you get on :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Luchia - To start a claim for PIP you ring the second number given above 0800 917 2222 :)
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Luchia. I have cervical spondylosis. I didn't think I was eligible for pip and was convinced that I would be turned down but my assessor was really understanding and I got my pip on my first application. It is definatley worth applying for pip.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.