Pay More Get Less! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pay More Get Less!

deasson58
deasson58 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
edited June 2020 in Transport and travel
Hi,
Now that Motability have their website back up and accepting order, I was shocked to see the massive increase in the advance payments required? and having kept previously downloaded PDF brochures of most models I've been looking to renew my contract with before Coronavirus and comparing the new PDF brochures specifications, you can clearly see your paying more and getting less for your advance payments.

There is a major crisis in car sales Euro wide and at the first opportunity, who do they they hit with higher prices - model wide - The Disabled!!!. There are now non stop TV, Radio, Newspaper advertising special 3 month manufacturers paid payments wirh  0% interest finance. Motability is supposed to be negotiating on behalf of its members, they only seem to be negotiating prices up the way!!

Why do they have a monopoly on this service, a monopoly provides no benefit for the customer, only for the profit of the monopoly!..£2.5 Billion profit to be precise.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @deasson58 hope you're ok this evening, the last figures I saw (some months back) was that around 38,000 people had lost their motability cars when they moved from DLA to PIP or had PIP reviewed, maybe thats why they have increased prices?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.