Assessor-in-training on telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor-in-training on telephone assessment

desbo2710
desbo2710 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my pip assessment yesterday by telephone. Does anybody know if one assessor has to do the assessment as I had the manager listening in to my interview then jumping in and also asking me questions. Apparently the reason the manager was listening in was part of the training, the other assessor only introduced herself as Jenny. Also can I be asked hypothetical questions as the meaning of hypothetical is "questions based upon assumptions and not the facts". Thanks 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @desbo2710

Good Morning & Welcome to our online community/family.

Yes it does sound like they were doing a training session.

It also looks like the manager was completing the questions that were being missed.

You can request the report to see if there was any hypothetical questions.

I do hope that this is okay?????

@steve51

• desbo2710
    Hi @steve51 thanks for your reply.  I knew I could request the report. I just thought it unusual that the manager would ask me questions as well. I doubt though that she was completing the questions as the assessor was speaking to me for a good 20 minutes then the manager jumped in asking me her questions then the assessor took at least another 50 minutes questioning me after the manager. I guess this is irrelevant though but I am hoping the manager accredited her name on the report also and that the assessor wasn't the only person asking me the questions. We shall see. Once again thanks for your help. 
  • steve51
    Hi @desbo2710

No probs that’s my Pleasure.

I will pass your post onto a senior member here at Scope for you.

He will be able to help you further!!

Hi @Adrian_Scope

Can you please let me know if if you have any further questions????

@steve51
  • desbo2710
    @steve51 at this moment in time I don't have any further questions. If I  do then I will be sure to mention you in my comments. Thanks 
  • steve51
    Hi @desbo2710

That’s great & yes please ??

@steve51

• desbo2710
    Hi @steve51 I do have a further question. I have been sending sick notes in since the beginning of January to universal credit. I began my pip claim at the end of January. My question is.  If I fail the pip assessment does this mean universal credit will use that assessment for pip as part of universal  credits work capabilities assessment or will universal credit send me for another assessment. I would just add I applied for pip off my own back and it wasn't universal credit who asked for the assessment to be done. Thanks 
  • steve51
    Hi @desbo2710

No probs.

Here’s some info for you about Benefits I do hope that this will help??

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/benefits-funding-extra-costs-of-being-disabled/

There is a Benefit Calculator that will also help.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/calculate-your-benefits/

Please please let me know if you need any further help????

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @desbo2710 Welcome on board. I am sure your PIP assessment will have had the manager listening in and asking questions as part of the assessors training and to make sure all the relevant questions were addressed.

As for your work capability assessment for UC they are completely separate and different benefits one outcome does not affect the other, however it is good sense to provide the WCA a copy of your PIP assessment if it is a positive outcome.

Fo example I got my PIP award without any issues but WCA I was found fit for work even though I was housebound and had to fight this through to tribunal before I was awarded LCWRA.

Good luck keep us uodated on the outcome
  • desbo2710
    Thank you for your reply @janer1967 I will keep you updated. 
  • desbo2710
    @Username_removed thanks for your reply. I understand the need to train an assessor but what I dont understand is why the manager kept interrupting the assessment and then the manager decided to ask her own set of questions. Surely if you are training a person then the manager should of spoken to the other person by advising her what to ask me and not take it upon herself to do part of the assessment. To my knowledge an assessment should be done independently by one person and not by two people. I  thank you for your comments though and I will wait for the outcome of my report and will let yourself know along with others on my thread the results. Many thanks 
  • desbo2710
    @steve51 @Username_removed
    Had a text from dwp saying they have my report, I've requested a copy. Just on the point of 2 people asking me questions the agent on the phone for dwp told me only one person has been put down as doing the interview ( a nurse ) and the manager was only observing. I will let you know how many dots I get if I get the report before my decision. Thanks 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.