Looking for a little bit of advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for a little bit of advice

catherineann
catherineann Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi to everyone, not sure where to start or even why I am here,my grandson Cole will be turning 10 in august, through family issues Cole lives with me.Cole has special needs and he was being seen at cahms, seen pediatricians seen social worker's who all say that Cole as the age of a 4yr old almost 6yrs behind his peers.he should of been seen at genetics hospital in march but because of cv19 was canceled, Cole now sees no one and I don't know where to go or what to do, so I guess I am hoping for a little bit of advice.thanks 

Comments

• EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi @catherineann
    Sounds like you have a lot going on!  It is very frustrating that his genetics test was postponed, but it will be re-booked when they can safely assess again.  From my experience genetics testing takes time, so even after the appointment usually there is a wait before they can let you know any results.

I would start with your son's school, how are they helping him? working with him? can they share any advice on what works in school?  There will also be local groups that could support you and we have some great family services here at Scope take a look, in particular Navigate and parents connect.

what kind of advice are you after?

take care

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.