Lonely but Reclusive. Solution?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lonely but Reclusive. Solution??

CJ61
CJ61 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
Not just during the Covid but for several years I have had zero social contact. I'm very lonely but just cant/don't want to mix with people. I don't like social media as it makes me feel such a failure so don't use Facebook or Twitter etc. Has anybody got any suggestions for me please. Life is somewhat pointless. It's like I'm dead but still breathing. The only talking I do is to my cat (I fear he's not long for this world)and my plants and healthcare professionals on the phone. I suspect I'm a lost cause.

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi @CJ61, im the same, would you like to try reading? anything from romance, mystery,crime,autobiographies? im reading a thriller at the moment on my kindle, its so gripping i can switch off from everything/everyone. i ear a lot years ago and have made myself get back into it, i also enjoy tv, current affairs/politics/music, you can get books online or for your tabley from amazon for as little as 99p, you can also before you buy, have an intro to the book, best wishes to you  :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry that I can't really help but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in feeling this way - you could have been describing me.

I feel very lonely but find it incredibly hard to mix with people, and often just don't want to do so! When I do try to mix with people I just want to be back at home, on my own! It seems illogical, I know. I also do not use social media however for (sort of) the opposite reason to what you state. I feel everything on social media is such inane drivel and I don't want anything to do with it.

Have you tried trying to start up conversations with people, for example the person scanning your shopping at the supermarket? While this does not lead to friendships I have found it does at least give you some interaction.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.