Hi all — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all

Options
rox001
rox001 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
Hi everyone I’m Rox, what a great gang you are. I currently live in Somerset and am looking for a 1 bed Bungalow here for my husband who currently lives in London. We were married in 2006 but haven’t lived together since 2008 but we are very happily married, I don’t think it’s compulsory to live with the person you marry? Last year he was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, this year he was told he had Osteoporosis in his spine and pelvis and now he is wheelchair/bed bound. It’s an awful journey for me to keep going to London to care for him so I am trying to get him relocated here. He’s on all the usual housing lists with various Councils but we don’t seem to get anywhere and private renting is just so expensive with all the added on fees. He has his pension and some benefit but nothing more so if anyone knows of anywhere in Somerset please get in touch. Preferably somewhere quiet ?. I’m enjoying reading your posts and hope I’ve not bored you too much! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.