Hi, my name is AJ. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AJ.

ladyaj_art
ladyaj_art Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I'm not sure if I qualify really. I have Fibromyalgia.
I've been unable to work for 2 year's 6months due to Fatigue, pain and short term memory losses. 
I'm about to get my p45 which is effecting my depression and anxiety massively as I've never not worked since the age of 12.
It is also making me accept that this is fact, out of my control, and that I won't be returning to work, which is something that I've secretly deep down always thought would be possible.
(This is not a sympathy plea.
There are things in life which happen and we need to accept it. I'm just explaining where I'm at...)
If someone could let me know if I'm in the right place? I don't want to upset anyone if my condition doesn't qualify. 
Life is hard enough with out upsetting other people xx
Be safe and stay smiley
?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladyaj_art - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Anyone with health-related problems or disabilities is very welcome on Scope, so no worries. We have a lot of members here that have fibro, & it certainly is disabling, as is depression & anxiety. Again, a lot of people here suffer from the latter, so you will find a lot of understanding about your health issues in this group. You are in the right place, & thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. Please say if there's anything we can help you with, & I hope you have a good weekend. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladyaj_art

Good Morning yes you know in the right place ???

I’m one off a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

You will find many members in the same boat ?‍♀️ ?‍♀️?‍♀️

I have also had to take early retirement a few years ago now.

Currently I have also got Chronic Pain down my right-side.

And I suffer with memory problems as well.

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ladyaj_art Welcome to the community everyone is welcome here at scope and there are a lot of members who suffer with your condition too.

I also had to stop working 3 years ago due to having my leg amputated, after a 30 year career in Human Resources so I fully understand what you are going through.

After I had sorted my new life out as a disabled person I try to keep myself busy and volunteering on here has certainly helped.

If there is anything we can help with just ask, feel free to join in any discussions and I look forward to seeing you around 
  • rox001
    rox001 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Bless you❤️. I was in exactly the same position but when my job was I just thought ‘Sod it! I had worked solid for 40 years and was in no mood to go through interviews and all that related stress. I’m an Artist and decided to work for myself. I sell my Art and Prints on Facebook and I love it. It’s not easy, mostly it’s tough going and hard work which I love but I’m answerable to no one but myself. It’s awful losing your livelihood it doesn’t just take your income, it takes your self esteem pride and dignity. My heart goes out to you and I hope your situation improves. Rox c

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.