Crisis team is useless — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Crisis team is useless

t0nkys
t0nkys Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
I open up and all they say is I should get a meds review (my mental health team haven’t contacted me since March) and that apparently amisulpride is an antidepressant and not an antipsychotic ?‍♀️ I told her to google it but apparently google is wrong! Sigh tough times

Comments

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Hi T0nkys sorry to hear your struggling. I think services are out of sync because of the pandemic. Dont really know what to say I hope you can get issues sorted out.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I do tend to agree with you, I have only had 1 experience of crisis team, because I said I wasn't suicidal I had to wait over 48 hours for a call back and this was after my friend badgered them as she was concerned for me.

The reason I wouldn't have  considered taking my own life was because I have a young son who depends on me and this was the only reason at the time.

After finally getting back to me the only thing they did was tell me to contact  other organisations if I needed help

My GP surgery referred me to contact them and have never even asked me since about it.

I got through this with support from friends and family
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there Im new here I was under the crisis Team Back in January for 3 months I was quite Lucky as I got out with a mental health nurse quite quick but I had to get really poorly before I got the help which seems to be what happens to alot of people Im sorry to hear this It seems to be the same for alot of people since covid Im still waiting for my medication review my nurse calls me like once every 3 weeks and they havent offered any therapy or any thing I have been really poorly and they havent responded to me either I think covid has just set every thing back which isnt great 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Hi @cupcake88 have you got a care coordinator?  I phoned mine and complained that nothing was being done to help and I got a support worker who made home visits. Lately though I’ve had regular telephone calls instead. My care coordinator also had me attend some anti anxiety classes which were good. This is my experience. 
    I agree that things must be really bad before people get help, Sometimes via their doctor. My local doctor has a counsellor come in to the surgery on a regular basis and they can offer free consultations for a limited period of time though I’ve never taken them up on it.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• cupcake88
    Hi there . I have a mental health care nurse I was assigned her in the pandemic so all the stuff that’s normally availiable I haven’t been able to have access like groups and trauma therapy ect I know she was saying I’ll be best on the depot but they will have to change my medication . 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, just wanted to check in to see how you are all doing. :)
    Scope

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chloe_Scope I’m ok, I had a call from my support worker and she helped cheer me up. She also wants me to walk more to try to lose weight, she’s very enthusiastic. I’m not so enthusiastic but I will try and that’s all we can do isn’t it ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• cupcake88
    Hi there I have spoken to my nurse I’m feeling ok today had a real up and down week .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.