• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!
• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.
What song would you sing in the shower?
This week (Monday 22nd June – Sunday 28th June) is Love Your Lungs Week. With research suggesting that lung disease affects 1 in 5 people in the UK, it’s more common than people often realise.
But how can you take steps to increase your lung capacity?
An article said:
The most common way to increase your lung capacity is by doing regular exercise, even if this is just a 20min walk or some gentle stretching every day.
On the other hand, having a good sing can also be beneficial. If that’s not a good excuse to sing in the shower, then I’m not sure what is!
Stories from the British Lung Foundation
- I’m quitting to protect my lungs - At a time when lung health matters more than ever, Sandra explains why she #QuitforCovid.
- The pandemic could pave the way for evolution within the NHS - Professor Andrew Menzies-Gow, NHS England's national clinical director for respiratory, discusses the importance of digital services for the NHS.
- How a CPAP machine changed my life – Gary lives with obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA), a breathing problem that happens when you sleep. He shares his journey of how getting a CPAP machine changed his life.
What would you like to do to improve your lung health? What would be your song of choice? Let us know in the comments below!