PIP RENEWAL — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP RENEWAL

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, hope your all safe and well. I’ve been reading on here that when you send you PIP Renewal form off the DWP can call you and ask you questions about it. Is that correct? Obviously it depends on the case / circumstances as I’m not saying they will do that with every claimant. if so do they tell you on the phone if you have been awarded it? if so how long does it take for them to get back to you? Just to note * I do have assessments * only paper based regardless if they was going a head or not * 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there , yes this does sometimes happen and it did with my last review, I sent in my review forms and then the DM rang me to ask a few questions and decided I didnt need a f2f assessment she said it was pointless as I am an amputee and my leg wasnt going to grow back and they had confirmation of my vision loss from the medical evidence as well as medical evidence from original application relating to other conditions

She made a decision there and then and I got enhanced for both which was more than previous award as I onmly got standard daily living before

But as you said its not common for this to happen and Im sure it wouldnt if I hadnt joined this group and had lots advice on how to complete the review form 
  • samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    @janer1967 thanks for getting back to me your a star. I won’t get my award review till September/ October time. is it worth gathering all the evidence now? when the DM called you did they inform you that someone was going to call you or was it just unexpected? from what people have said most people get it again on the award review “but to make it clear “ not everyone! just before someone states that “
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Yes it is worth starting to gather evidence now. 
    The call was unexpected in fact I didnt answer it till they rang few times as unknown number 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.