Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

ESA reassessment

izaiza Member Posts: 465 Pioneering
Hi, in 2018 I was awarded ESA ( I won my case in The  Court. My ESA was awarded for 2 years. Can someone explain to me what can I expect after my ESA award will come to 2 years end time. Thanks

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,121 Scope community team
    Hello @iza. Is you're in the support group, your ESA claim will just continue until you are reassessed and a new decision is made. I hope that helps! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • izaiza Member Posts: 465 Pioneering
    Hi @Adrian_Scope, thank you very much. 
    @Adrian_Scope but when I will be reassessed in December what is going to happen than? Do I will remain in old style ESA if they decided in my favour or they will try to move me to New style ESA? If the decide not in my favour what should I do than? 
    If you're successful you'll remain on your current old-style ESA @iza. But if they find you fit for work, you'll need to appeal. 
    While waiting for appeal you'd have a couple of options, which could result in needing to claim Universal Credit but there's no need to worry about that just now. In the mean time, when it's closer to your reassessment, it's worth looking at where the tribunal scored you and focusing your attention on those areas when you are reassessed and seeing what evidence you can gather for that.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    You're most welcome. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.