Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

What is your favourite inspirational quote and why?

Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 494 Pioneering
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is safe and well and keeping as positive as possible in the current circumstances that are we are all in at the moment with the (convid 19) please can you post your favourite inspirational quote below 👇❤️

Replies

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    edited June 30
    ‘ My favourite quote is
    failure is an event not a person’ (I think it’s by ziggler?)
    As far as I’m concerned no one is a failure but we can sometimes fail and by failing we often learn valuable lessons which help us to succeed next time when we try again. Sometimes we even learn that something isn’t for us or doesn’t suit us and so we don’t try it again, that’s okay too. 
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    ‘For fast acting relief...try slowing down’
    lily tomlin. 

Sometimes I rush around get nowhere fast and catastrophising, I should bear this quote in mind more often!
  • Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 494 Pioneering
    @leeCal thank you for sharing I've not heard that quote before. 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,970 Scope community team
    I love the words of Maya Angelou! It's always so delicate and well put.

"You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away."

"Courage – you develop courage by doing small things like just as if you wouldn’t want to pick up a 100-pound weight without preparing yourself."
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • AckoAcko Member Posts: 1 Listener
     “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happy times when miserable”
           Dante’s Alighieri.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,970 Scope community team
    Welcome to the community @Acko! Thanks for sharing that quote with us. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • ross2503ross2503 Member Posts: 76 Courageous
    I wouldn't necessarily say I have a favourite quote, just a lot of sayings and mottos that I admire.

Recently I've enjoyed the motto of the explorer Sir Francis Drake, which was "Sic parvis magner" - greatness from small beginnings.I like it because it's Latin and very few people will know what it means unless they go out of their way to learn and translate it. Plus it's motivational and fun to say :) 
  • CJ61CJ61 Member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Sun Tzu the Japanese philosopher said
    "If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by."

Having been abused and mistreated many times throughout my life I take comfort that eventually what goes around comes around and people get their comeuppance. 

And one of my favourite Latin phrases
    In Vino Veritas

In wine there is truth
  • sakinahsakinah Member Posts: 13 Connected
    THIS <3 IS A GREAT QUOTE OF MINE!! GIVES ME STRENGTH AND CAN SO RELATE TO IT!!

REDSAPPHIRE (SAKINAH) x  <3 
    Redsapphire (sakinah)

Sign in or join us to comment.