Disabled Activism Dissertation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled Activism Dissertation

KatieCarter98
KatieCarter98 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good Morning Everyone,

I hope this finds you all safe and well.

My name is Katie Carter and I am about to enter my final year studying Geography at the University of Glasgow. I am writing my undergraduate dissertation on the topic of Disabled Activism, specifically How do disabled activists seek to tackle the social inclusion barriers imposed within modern society within the UK?

The main questions to my research are:

1.            How do disabled activists define ‘disability’ as they negotiate social exclusion for disabled people?

2.            How do disabled activists achieve change in different spaces and at different scales?

3.            What are the barriers to effective disabled activism and how are these negotiated?

With positive change for disabled communities within the UK being at the heart of Scope, I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to complete this survey discussing disabled activism within the UK and how it affects social inclusion in all aspects of society.

Here is the link to the survey: 

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=KVxybjp2UE-B8i4lTwEzyLQ5DQ3xWxdEm3F4f9D0wTpUNTFHM1ZCSEY2Sk5PVEFGMjROMk5VM1g3My4u

Alternatively, if you do not feel comfortable participating in this survey and would just like to share your thoughts on my research, provide guidance on what may be relevant to furthering my research, or anything related to the above, then please do email me at 2309938C@student.gla.ac.uk. Additionally, if you would be happy to participate in an interview or focus group, please do pop me an email. All your thoughts, no matter how they are given, are gratefully received.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to discussing disabled activism with some of you and learning from you.

Best Wishes,

Katie Carter

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.